Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Search of Quality Lossless Music

mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hey there FST community!

I'm a huge music buff through and through. I'm one of those guys you often hate because they're so picky about their music quality. Part of it, I guess, is because I put most of my savings into an awesome stereo set up. I might not have money left for anything else, but my music sure does sound good

And for these reasons I had a question/request for you guys.

Like I said, I am really picky when it comes to music quality. I do not, as you can imagine, have the money to buy CDs (or super audio cd's for that matter). So over time I have gotten into the habit of getting my music off of private trackers.

Which brings me to my conundrum: I only download music in lossless format. And it so happens that not everyone rips a CD in lossless the same way. OiNK and Waffles are great music sites, in any music lovers' terms, but alas the rules about CD rips go only so far. There aren't any rules for lossless encoding, save that you can upload a FLAC with a log if the previous torrent was missing it.

What I'm in a search of is a tracker that is nuts about quality. Does such a thing even exist? Ideally the tracker would have rules about which extractors and encoders and their respective settings an uploader must use. For example, someone with an outdated drive that lacks C2 handling might not be allowed to up a rip of AC/DC's Back in Black. Or maybe they only let people upload music extracted by dBpoweramp. These are just examples.

Lastly, I'm also in search of some MFSL torrents besides what is running around the mainstream (there were some on OiNk and Demonoid, for example).

Any suggestions? Is there anywhere you'd recommend I look? Does a tracker like this even exist?

Help a music buff out!
    Kindness goes a long way!

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Robbie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    BTmusic or e****

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Taken from the review on E.

They differ in that on E**** there are a few free leech torrents where download is not counted and the musical selection tends to be for a slightly older crowd. If you like the new stuff, eat at McDonald's and watch TRL, this tracker will not interest you at all
    Could be right up my alley.

Does anyone have any info on the rules for uploading lossless on either of these sites?

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    seriously, someone needs to change that review, because there are plenty of newer-music torrents that have been uploaded recently

- you need to be an experienced uploader of lossless music on other trackers that feature lossless music as a niche (not trackers that happen to have a few lossless torrents here and there), like pedro's or waffles.fm or even an old oink account (users may remember you if you gave what you took)

- in terms of uploading, it is really frowned upon uploading torrents from other trackers; it is encouraged, however, to upload your own rips and scan your own artwork so that you may get a feel for what the long process is, which is what makes some of our torrents that much more unique

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    I've been uploading lossless music for several years now, be it on it OiNK or Waffles (only just recently joined).

I always upload my own rips as well.

I'm just looking for a good place to park my flac feet!

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    try hd-bits.ro for FLAC albums

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Still looking.

I'll settle for E or a BTmusic invite if anyone is feeling gracious enough!

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    good luck man

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    Or maybe they only let people upload music extracted by dBpoweramp. These are just examples.
    Try Exact Audio Copy.

Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    Still looking.

I'll settle for E or a BTmusic invite if anyone is feeling gracious enough!
    E****, no.

BTMusic, maybe.

Pm me your username on waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    seriously, someone needs to change that review, because there are plenty of newer-music torrents that have been uploaded recently

- you need to be an experienced uploader of lossless music on other trackers that feature lossless music as a niche (not trackers that happen to have a few lossless torrents here and there), like pedro's or waffles.fm or even an old oink account (users may remember you if you gave what you took)

- in terms of uploading, it is really frowned upon uploading torrents from other trackers; it is encouraged, however, to upload your own rips and scan your own artwork so that you may get a feel for what the long process is, which is what makes some of our torrents that much more unique
    True that, Thor.
    It takes me a good couple of hours to make a good flac rip when I include all the scans and all that other good stuff in perfect quality. I kinda get a little flustered when people don't say thanks for those kinds of things
    Last edited by krunktastic; 02-08-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast