Thread: WinRAR archiving question

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm attempting to compress a DVD with WinRAR into multiple RAR files by splitting the total DVD into RAR files of approximately 40MB each.

I am right-clicking the ISO file and choosing "Add to archive". This opens the WinRAR archiving window. How can I tell WinRAR to split the compression into X sized RAR files?

How can I get WinRAR to split the compression up properly?

(Using ver. 3.60)

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

Don't know about 3.6, but this is it in 3.7*

**EDIT: Just checked 3.6 and it's the same
    Last edited by mbucari1; 03-22-2008 at 02:33 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

I never even tried typing directly into the box. I've never seen a jumpbox which allowed data entry.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    All I've gots to say is LOL

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I'm attempting to compress a DVD with WinRAR into multiple RAR files by splitting the total DVD into RAR files of approximately 40MB each.

I am right-clicking the ISO file and choosing "Add to archive". This opens the WinRAR archiving window. How can I tell WinRAR to split the compression into X sized RAR files?

(Using ver. 3.60)
    my little recommendation for u mate , for future use , try 7z , it is better then win rar

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by saqib View Post

(Using ver. 3.60)
    my little recommendation for u mate , for future use , try 7z , it is better then win rar
    Is that just your opinion or is there some particular reason you fell it's better?

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    bullshit, use winrar.
    are u splitting them in that size to post them at the newsgroups? maybe u should consider using 50mb as it's the standard size for DVD5 releases, it will look cooler, and even cooler if u use the old-style naming

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by saqib View Post

Is that just your opinion or is there some particular reason you fell it's better?
    There's nothing wrong with Winrar, just use it.

7z is good, but so is Winrar....

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    7zip's compression time is MUCH longer than rar. With 7xip you'll be waiting for an hour for the thing to compress.

BTW, here's how to set winrar to name the parts .rxx instead of .partxxx.rar