Page 52 of 740 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I don't get the vinyl thing either. The quality of the music is more important than the quality of the sound.

Also... I don't get the "original art" thing. Why do people pay millions for an original piece of art, when a perfectly good reproduction will do. It's the same picture after all.

Same goes for forgeries. If a forgery is 99.9% accurate, what's the problem? Still looks good on the wall...

2. Lounge   -   #512
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Carnage in the cricket. England 80-5 in reply to India's 445
    I think i downloaded Cricket for Xbox360 and still have yet to play it...

Have you ever played Cricket Manker??
    Yeah, I sucked at it though. Played a bit for school and then joined the local team. My parents got all the kit for me, except a bat. I was to get a bat after my first 50.
    It transpired that fielding was my forte and I 'participated' for a few games as a non-bowling number 11. Never did get that bat.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #513
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    I don't get the vinyl thing either. The quality of the music is more important than the quality of the sound.
    Also... I don't get the "original art" thing. Why do people pay millions for an original piece of art, when a perfectly good reproduction will do. It's the same picture after all.
    Same goes for forgeries. If a forgery is 99.9% accurate, what's the problem? Still looks good on the wall...
    Interesting thought Barbarossa.. And i would agree with you when you are attaching a Movie/Visual part, but ask yourself this?? How many BD50's movies do you download?? or even purchase 4K movies??
    When it is a movie i really like, and this would be mostly Action movies, i download the BD50 version. What is that?? That is basically the true version of the Blu ray rip, and it can be 30-60gig's , reason the sound tracks are really big, when you download a 1080 MKV file it is shrunk down and degraded, and it removes a lot of the sound quality, eg.. like MP3 from Flac..
    But when you want to listen to raw 2 channel sound and you listen to it loud, it just seems to sound more raw and not digitally sampled..
    Again it is your own personal preference..

As for real original art and reproductions, that would go under what you want and can afford, like going to art shows/auctions, and buying original signed art from an up and coming painter/artist or even a sculpture , and you like his or her work, if you can afford it and you want it, do what the heck you want
    Maybe you could compare that to someone that buys and collects Sports cards for a few bucks because they want it, not saying they need it per-say...

Again Barbarossa, what you put in your house or dwelling is up to you, i am not really a art guy but i do have a few sports things that i purchased and like, and have them displayed in rooms in my house..
    That is what i like,
    Last edited by shaina; 11-18-2016 at 11:56 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #514
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, I sucked at it though. Played a bit for school and then joined the local team. My parents got all the kit for me, except a bat. I was to get a bat after my first 50.
    It transpired that fielding was my forte and I 'participated' for a few games as a non-bowling number 11. Never did get that bat.
    I figured that would be a School sport on your side of the Pond. I have never played, but i tried watching it a few times and between that and Baseball i find it kind of boring to watch, and it would be the same, in school i played Baseball, but i guess i was lucky i got to bat and usually played outfield or third base...
    For house league or pickup games i preferred playing hockey, ice or ball, didn't matter to me, then Tennis took over a few years, now it is mainly Golf

Do you play any sports now Manker??

5. Lounge   -   #515
    manker's Avatar effendi

Yep, agree 100%. It's all about the fedora factor, innit.

I saw this painting on imgur the other day, it is fantastically realistic. The kind of thing that would look good in one of the kids' bedrooms.
    The original would go for thousands I imagine, so I went to the artist's website and looked to see if there were any prints available instead.
    There were, so I got my card out and thought even with shipping, it won't be too expensive. I've done this kind of thing before when I've liked some picture or other that I saw on the internets.

It was $800 US. For a print. The last one I bought was £30, and I thought that was a bit cheeky, like.
    Artists are cocks. Fact.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #516
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    $800 doesn't sound so bad. You can't put a price on a hi-res teddy bear's orgy. Any child would love to wake up to that every morning

7. Lounge   -   #517
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    It was $800 US. For a print. The last one I bought was £30, and I thought that was a bit cheeky, like.
    Artists are cocks. Fact.
    I am glad you are happy Manker
    Last edited by shaina; 11-18-2016 at 11:17 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #518
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    $800 doesn't sound so bad. You can't put a price on a hi-res teddy bear's orgy. Any child would love to wake up to that every morning
    I had an artist come to my house and paint kids theme shit right on the walls, what ever it costed, so many years later i painted over it with something else

Your way Manker, i would have more shit in the basement or be giving it away to someone that had young kids. Or what i did do on some shit is i gave it away for Tax Receipts

9. Lounge   -   #519
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Here is a question for you Torrent Guys...

When it comes to private torrent sites, is there always someone seeding??
    Example... When you go to lets say Piratebay, and you look something up and it shows it was there one time, but now there is no one seeding...

Occasionally i use torrents if someone asked me for something and i can't get it on Usenet, it is rare but i get more pissed when you see it listed on the torrent site but no one is seeding, which makes it useless to even say it is there....

Does that happen on private Torrents??

10. Lounge   -   #520
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    The quality of the music is more important than the quality of the sound.
    Really what does this statement mean Barbarossa??

Could you elaborate/explain what you mean??

I might have not responded correctly the first time...
    Last edited by shaina; 11-18-2016 at 12:01 PM.