Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help this new kid out looking at my interests, which private trackers should I go for

BANNED
    Hey guys!

this is my 2nd topic on this forum. I already posted a topic where I asked information about swebits and how to get a specific movie. With the help of a few fellow-members here I am now a member at swebits and someone uploaded the movie for me on another tracker. Now I am relatively new to torrenting so I would like to know where I should be looking at. I have checked and read about most trackers but am lost. I will quickly list my interests and maybe you can help me out and give some advice!

My interests:

Movies:
    I watch a lot of movies, I like to collect them aswell. Therefore I am found of DVDRs with the correct subtitle if possible (Dutch). Now I can also get subtitles elsewhere if the movie is not subbed in Dutch yet. I also watch XviDs if I don't know if the movie is any good. If it is good I download it on DVD and burn it and put it in my collection.

Music:
    I especially listen to house, techhouse, trance, etc. But I also often listen to other kinds of pop music like 'the killers' which are 'in' here nowadays. I have read that waffles and what.cd are music trackers but that seeding is really hard so I do not know where to go...

TV Series:
    I do not often watch TV series. I am just not into it. I don't watch lost, prison break, etc. Though I watch the standard series like South Park, Family Guy, etc. Because I am not found of TV series really I am looking for a tracker which just has the common ones.

Games:
    Just like TV series, I need a tracker which has the new games when they are released.

About the tracker:
    For each case I am looking for a tracker which offers nice speeds, a relative good 'pretime' and has a sufficient amount of leechers to maintain a positive ratio. But for my main interests, movies (DVDR specifically) and music 'trance/house/etc., as much as possible should be on there. Furthermore I would like to get actively involved in some trackers. That means that I want to be active in the forums and especially IRC to get to know the people. I have heard that trading is a bad way to get yourself into sites, and just be nice to people and get to know people better gets you further than trading. I can download with 1.2Megabytes per second and upload with about the same amount. I am looking for trackers which are fast even with low number of seeders

My Problem:

There are so many trackers that I just do not know what to look for or which ones I should get. Also I am aware of the fact that some trackers are harder to get into then others, which is kind of a shame but in my opinion also the best.

Trackers I had in mind:
    From what I have read so far and according to my interests I have come to some trackers which I think are wise decisions. But please, wipe them out if you think they are not what I am looking for, but also add other trackers which might be more to my interest.

Sceneaccess - good pretimes, nice overall content.
    Torrentleech - standard TV shows games etc., lots of leechers.
    Scenelife - active mIRC and nice people.
    Scenetorrents - kind of related to TL? But people advise me this.
    TranceTraffic - heard its pain in the ass but is specific to the music I especially like
    TheDVDclub - focuses on my special interest (movies), willing to become active member there but are they (staff + members) active at forums and mIRC?

For the rest I do not know. I have good advise of some people who are into torrenting, but their advise also differs from person to person. Please help me out and state your opinion
    Last edited by slammers; 01-25-2009 at 02:38 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Veidenbaums's Avatar Rebel
    I think u need to start with TL.
    Send me some speedtests and maybe I'll able to help you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Veidenbaums View Post
    I think u need to start with TL.
    Send me some speedtests and maybe I'll able to help you.
    Hi Veidenbaum!

because I am new here I cannot send personal messages. I will post some links of my speedtest below, I am uploading at this moment so my upload is drastically lower.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    nsk's Avatar Sharer BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think TTi would be good for you, they have a very good movie section, with packs and the subs your looking, with a nice movie of the week feature. Its very easy to keep ratio there because of all the free leech and bonus system, decent speeds from the nordic users and over all its a very good tracker.

Check here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bit...5/postcount241

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by nsk View Post
    I think TTi would be good for you, they have a very good movie section, with packs and the subs your looking, with a nice movie of the week feature. Its very easy to keep ratio there because of all the free leech and bonus system, decent speeds from the nordic users and over all its a very good tracker.

Thanks for your advice and comment m8. I thought about TTi aswell. For DVDR movies it would be really suitable. I will try and ask some friends how it is like and if its really good and maybe they can invite me or so. But because I am a movies fan I thought theDVDclub was a better option to go for if I wanted to be active on IRC etc. because it is a lot smaller than TTi, right?

thanks!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6

True.
    TTi is great for DVD's. Especially for nordic users. And if I can get nice ratio with my 60kb/s up then everyone can.

To OP. Your speedtests looks ok.
    But if you can't send me e-mail I can't invite you
    Last edited by Veidenbaums; 01-25-2009 at 02:57 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    I'd recommend TorrentLeech & STMusic and once you get the hang of seeding / uploading files you should upgrade and try to become a member of what.cd

as previously mentioned TTi is a great site if you like DVD-R's

**Edit**

The DVD Club is a decent tracker but it's not got many leechers and hard to seed anything other than movie of the week so I'd skip that one till you get more experience
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-25-2009 at 03:00 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED

True.
    TTi is great for DVD's. Especially for nordic users. And if I can get nice ratio with my 60kb/s up then everyone can.

To OP. Your speedtests looks ok.
    But if you can't send me e-mail I can't invite you
    Hi Veidenbaum!

thanks for your comment again. I can't send you a private message, true. But when I click your profile it says send an e-mail to... should I do that? I am delighted that you are willing to invite me but with inviting someone come risks as I have read a noticed here. I will behave or how to say, at least, will not get you into any troubles. If I shouldn't e-mail you, then what can I possibly do?

Quote Originally Posted by Time-Traveller View Post
    I'd recommend TorrentLeech & STMusic and once you get the hang of seeding / uploading files you should upgrade and try to become a member of what.cd

as previously mentioned TTi is a great site if you like DVD-R's
    Hi Time-Traveller,

so far I have TL, TTi, and STMusic as best options. Do they all fit my interests or should I look for others aswell? I really would like to be active on a certain DVD tracker and discuss movies, what is my best bet?

thank you for your comment.
    Last edited by slammers; 01-25-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by slammers View Post
    Hi Veidenbaum!

thanks for your comment again. I can't send you a private message, true. But when I click your profile it says send an e-mail to... should I do that? I am delighted that you are willing to invite me but with inviting someone come risks as I have read a noticed here. I will behave or how to say, at least, will not get you into any troubles. If I shouldn't e-mail you, then what can I possibly do?
    Ok, send me your e-mail via mail.
    Hope you are not cheater/trader
    I can send you STMusic's invite code too, if you are interested

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by slammers View Post
    Hi Veidenbaum!

Ok, send me your e-mail via mail.
    Hope you are not cheater/trader
    I can send you STMusic's invite code too, if you are interested
    I did my talk about traders and cheaters, why would I. I just want to fulfill my interests, and via a honest way! Thanks for your concern and kindness!!!

E-mail on its way. and yes I am interested in STMusic, if they offer trance/house/techhouse etc.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast