Thread: help a noob: swapping clients after download...

madbeer's Avatar brewed locally BT Rep: +1
    Hey guys,

I have a simple question, and need FST expertise:

I downloaded a a torrent and completed the download (with azureus) and I now want to try to seed with a different client (transmission). I copied the folder to where transmission thinks it is but it is still trying to download the whole thing again.

Can this even be done?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    in u torrent go into

Preferences

Downloads

Where it says put new downloads in and it's ticked look at the name of that folder and put the files and the torrent file in there then add the torrent into the main window before all this turn off your client and then do it after all this is should check the files and move them to the completed downloads folder.

I just noticed it's not utorrent you're useing i guess this will still give you a rough idea though
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-27-2008 at 02:21 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    panoli's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    it can b done. the file has 2 b in da same folder. point da torrent 2 da folder wre da torrent is it shud say checking.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by madbeer View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a simple question, and need FST expertise:

I downloaded a a torrent and completed the download (with azureus) and I now want to try to seed with a different client (transmission). I copied the folder to where transmission thinks it is but it is still trying to download the whole thing again.

Can this even be done?
    i haven't used transmission in ages, but i think there's an option called recheck existing data or something.

/me toasts "point da torrent 2 da folda - Booyaka booyaka - point da torrent 2 da folda - Booyaka booyaka"
    Last edited by Polarbear; 01-27-2008 at 02:21 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    madbeer's Avatar brewed locally BT Rep: +1
    ahhh thanks guys. transmission has that option under Transfers on the task bar, and its called "verify local data". I missed it cause I thought it would be under the right click context menu or under preferences.