Thread: RIP Robert Jordan

sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

Surprised/Amazed

Fantasy author Robert Jordan has passed away. He was the author of the extremely popular Wheel of Time series, which now remains incomplete. To have completed 11 of the 12 and then die, pretty tragic. More info in the link:

http://www.digg.com/celebrity/Robert...me_author_Dies

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Never read any of his series but I'd imagine that would be awfully upsetting if I was reading a series for that long and never got to read the end.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Noooo!
    That's so sad... Great author.. Now we'll never get to read the end .

And as some guy at digg said. For those who have followed the WoT it's kinda the same as if JK Rowling would have died before finishing the last HP book. Quite frustrating and sad..

(edit: I guess we will prolly get to see some reconstruction of the last book with the help of his wife, cousins and other people who got to know stuff about the last book. But I suppose that will take some time to get together, after they got over the sorrow of Jordan's death).

R.I.P.
    Last edited by alth; 09-21-2007 at 12:37 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    Never read any of his series but I'd imagine that would be awfully upsetting if I was reading a series for that long and never got to read the end.
    Totally agree with this, and what a strange twist of fate to die at that time anyways instead of earlier in the series.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Evidently, Jordan had orally told the final book to his wife and left a significant outline.

I'm sure we'll get book 12. Should be interesting to see if it feels abrupt or hurried. That might not be a terribly bad thing given Jordan's tendency to plod along at a snails pace.