Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's going on

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Children being killed in schools by nutters and school staff being killed by pupils.

I hardly ever think or worry about terrorist attacks, but more and more I do get concerned about my children's safety when in school. Could it be that the biggest danger to the safety of Americans is ourselves?

Perhaps not all gun owners are nutters, but certainly it seems all nutters own guns

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

I hardly ever think or worry about terrorist attacks, but more and more I do get concerned about my children's safety when in school. Could it be that the biggest danger to the safety of Americans is ourselves?
    Absolutely correct. To allow most of your citizens access to firearms with minimal difficulty is something I find astonishing.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

Absolutely correct. To allow most of your citizens access to firearms with minimal difficulty is something I find astonishing.
    I think that's a bit unfair. I mean it's not like we have 24 hour drive through window service at the gun stores (at least not in my town )...... We have to actually get out of the car and go into the store

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If banning the possession of guns saved one life then it would be worthwhile. Sadly you would have Charlton Heston saying that the worst school killings were in countries where gun possession is restricted, Scotland and Germany.
    Maybe banning hunting would help to reduce possession of firearms.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

I think that's a bit unfair. I mean it's not like we have 24 hour drive through window service at the gun stores (at least not in my town )...... We have to actually get out of the car and go into the store

Or open a bank account, get a free rifle, apparently. I'm given to understand it's compulsory in some States.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Sadly you would have Charlton Heston saying that the worst school killings were in countries where gun possession is restricted, Scotland and Germany.
    Is that true?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Sadly you would have Charlton Heston saying that the worst school killings were in countries where gun possession is restricted, Scotland and Germany.
    Is that true?
    __

Only looking at the number of people killed at each incident, it looks that way with the ones listed here. Whether those are the only notable ones during the period, or whether they really are the worst, I dunno'.

Doesn't really say a thing about the total number of people killed in schools and all that.

And Bob is prolly right, it's just the sort of thing the NRA would use.

EDit:It's a fucked up world.
    Last edited by Snee; 10-02-2006 at 11:21 PM. Reason: more depressing linkage.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Maybe banning hunting would help to reduce possession of firearms.
    um for one, the forest service counts on hunters to help manage wildlife populations, so we would be in a shit ton of trouble with deer and elk populations if hunting was banned. for two, it's doubtful that it would make much difference crime wise. over in england they banned most guns and last I heard, thieves were stealing guns from the military to make sure that there were plenty still out there.

I gotta ask if someone is willing to commit murder, why would it bother them to buy an illegal firearm?
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Is that true?
    __

Only looking at the number of people killed at each incident, it looks that way with the ones listed here. Whether those are the only notable ones during the period, or whether they really are the worst, I dunno'.

Doesn't really say a thing about the total number of people killed in schools and all that.

And Bob is prolly right, it's just the sort of thing the NRA would use.

EDit:It's a fucked up world.

Damnnnn! These are fucking massacres

Scotland -16 children and one teacher killed at Dunblane Primary School by Thomas Hamilton, who then killed himself. 10 others wounded in attack. Tally: 18 dead, 10 wounded

Germany -13 teachers, two students, and one policeman killed, ten wounded by Robert Steinhaeuser, 19, at the Johann Gutenberg secondary school. Steinhaeuser then killed himself. Tally: 17 dead, 10 wounded

It seems that over there there are less incidents though. However, Scotland and Germany are dwarfed by America.

I still wouldn't ban guns but make it harder to get....legally. If you want one illegally, it's still easy. Also since the bannage of guns across the water, knife deaths have risen sharply.

Oh but that's right, aren't sharp knives about to be banned?

Next up: big sticks and harsh language.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 10-03-2006 at 12:23 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    knife deaths have risen sharply. (HA!)

Oh but that's right, aren't sharp knives about to be banned?
    Sharp knives should be banned, I don't see the point in them to be honest.

Next up: big sticks and harsh language.
    No. Next up: bad punning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast