Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nzb Autodownloader?

modusoperandi
    Anyone know of a tool that would autodownload certain nzbs?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    What is so hard about downbloading NZB's? You simply click on the thing and if you have a client like newsleecher, it pops up automatically and starts to download the NZB file. Can't get much simpler than that.

If you are talking about NZB's that are going to be downloaded at a CERTIAN time...I can't help you there. But I have not heard of one that does it.Mabye someone else can chime in on that.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
    What is so hard about downbloading NZB's? You simply click on the thing and if you have a client like newsleecher, it pops up automatically and starts to download the NZB file. Can't get much simpler than that.
    Maybe he's at school or work or whatever when tv-shows are released. Maybe he also has a slow connection, so downloading everything would take a lot of time. With autodownloading he could watch everything right when he comes back home.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fcmk View Post
    Maybe he's at school or work or whatever when tv-shows are released. Maybe he also has a slow connection, so downloading everything would take a lot of time. With autodownloading he could watch everything right when he comes back home.
    In that case:

http://www.see-and-be.com/AutoUnpack/index.php

This is what I use to send NZB files from work and whatever to a mail account that Autounpack downloads the mail from, then it stores the NZB's in a folder. Both Alt.Binz and Newsbin got the option to autograb nzb files from a specified folder.
    Last edited by MultiForce; 04-03-2007 at 01:14 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by fcmk View Post

Well I was assuming he was THERE at his computer. I thought he was posting like it was hard to get an NZB. That is why I posted what I did.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    modusoperandi
    there's nothing hard about it, it would just be more convenient.

i already have a script setup to autorun rarslave every night on my download folder and then move the files to appropriate shared folder depending on filetype.

it would just be nice to come home and have an episode of the office or whatever already downloaded, extracted and moved to the correct shared folder that is accessible via my media center. i know i'm probably stretching but I thought I saw someone working on something like this a while back. i think it was a linux app.

anyway, thanks for the help and if i run into that app again i'll post a link.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by modusoperandi View Post

i already have a script setup to autorun rarslave every night on my download folder and then move the files to appropriate shared folder depending on filetype.

it would just be nice to come home and have an episode of the office or whatever already downloaded, extracted and moved to the correct shared folder that is accessible via my media center. i know i'm probably stretching but I thought I saw someone working on something like this a while back. i think it was a linux app.

It would be nice to have a clone go to work for me too, but sometimes you have to put in a little effort.

yo

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    I'm surprised no one suggested SABnzbd -- it is the standard for this sort of thing.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbd/

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    modusoperandi
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by modusoperandi View Post

It would be nice to have a clone go to work for me too, but sometimes you have to put in a little effort.
    so do you still browse the internet from a text only browser too?
    Last edited by modusoperandi; 04-04-2007 at 07:25 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    I was wondering myself something along these lines. But it was not to be selfish it was to share good NZB's with the community. By the time I have found and created the NZB file it is often already on the site. I am a fan for example of the Hairy Bikers I found it within two hours of post last night but it was already indexed here. Which of course is good but it does not help my ratio as I find other files here. An autodownloader would be handy. I shall take a look at some of the links above. Thanks.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast