Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeding and downloading From External HDD

so is it a good idea?
    will it shorten lifespan of my hdd?
    and will have slow speed?
    thx

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Eh, it doesn't really matter too much if your seeding off of a home pc. The only difference it would make would be if you were trying to take full advantage of a 1gigabit connection or something.
    See ya in another life, brother.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i was wondering because i heard that some people's ext hdd broke early because the left it on 24/7

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    It also depends on what kind of connection the hdd is using. If its usb 1, then yeah its gonna go slower and wouldn't take advantage of your home connection speeds (if they are at all decent). I like fire wire best for my externals.
    Kindness goes a long way!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    if you have external, using is better than internal one.
    Just try, at the same time downloading many torrent with internal one,then with external, you ll fell the difference.
    By the way when you are downlodin do something else ex:use your browser watch movie, do something.Like this difrence will be more clear

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I am sure that is you leave it on 24/7 it will put more stress on the enclosure's power supply which will probably result in premature failure of the enclosure.

Also, some of those external hard drives can get pretty hot, which may also lead to premature failure.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by chec View Post
    if you have external, using is better than internal one.
    Just try, at the same time downloading many torrent with internal one,then with external, you ll fell the difference.
    By the way when you are downlodin do something else ex:use your browser watch movie, do something.Like this difrence will be more clear
    okk... i am buying another one.... any idea which brand i should buy?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    ofcourse connection and quality of drive is main.firewire or e-sata connection if hdd has and also your computer supporting that will be great.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    neve2009's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i've had good luck with my western digital mybook. I would get one of those or a seagate

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    i am using wd home 750 gb for about a year
    works well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast