Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDBits goes on sale

25% off on all downloads - 10/11/08

We've noticed that far too many people are wasting money on servers. Torrents are all about using multiple home users' connections to give you as much speed as you need. To hopefully help people to download more than they normally would/could anything you download only counts as 75% to your total.

Disks (Blu-ray/HD DVD) will continue to be 50% as they have been for quite a while, and of course free leech torrents are still 0%

-----

I think this is a great idea, because the rapid spread of seedboxes has taken the heart out of the swarm. I personally decided to stop using seedboxes because I feel they are contrary to p2p sharing. Good job HDBits, hopefully more sites make rules to encourage home users rather than more OVH resellers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    excellent. some torrents there are a bitch to seed, but i would not spend money on a seedbox cuz of a tracker, i manage just perfectly to survive with my home connection.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I whole-heartedly agree with this decision ... hopefully, it'll encourage more downloads on the larger torrents.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    i hope they keep it perm... gonna get my hdd only end of this month. i think it's been long overdue.. this'll encourage ppl to stop bookmarking and waiting for FL.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    this'll encourage ppl to stop bookmarking and waiting for FL.
    this will encurage people to upload less

blah
    Last edited by yayyyyyy; 11-10-2008 at 05:36 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    gr8 will be joining soon

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bt234 View Post
    I think this is a great idea, because the rapid spread of seedboxes has taken the heart out of the swarm. I personally decided to stop using seedboxes because I feel they are contrary to p2p sharing. Good job HDBits, hopefully more sites make rules to encourage home users rather than more OVH resellers.
    well, this may lower dl speeds.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    saimer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    this'll encourage ppl to stop bookmarking and waiting for FL.
    glad to know that i'm not alone.

it is a great news, indeed.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    great news

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bt234 View Post
    well, this may lower dl speeds.
    I'm not sure how this would lower dl speeds. I mean do you think all seedbox users will stop seeding at hdbits because of this? It's more to help non-seedbox users, because the ones who are using servers will make up the extra 25%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast