Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer Broked :(

I went to turn on my computer the other day. I hit the switch and the lights came on, fans spinning and all, but the monitor didn't do anything. This had happened a few times before that week and it worked fine after I turned it off and back on, so I tried that. It didnt work . When I turned it back on, same problem. I get no video at all to my monitor. Not even the bios screen or anything.

Im thinking because it seemed to be having the same problem before that may have been an indication of the PS going bad? idk
    Ive tried reseating the ram, the hd and the vid card and nothing has helped.

any ideas?

PS: Mobo is a DFI Lanparty 925x-t2 (I think)
    Last edited by Morque; 04-09-2007 at 11:28 PM. Reason: add stuff
    I never can think of a good sig...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Power supply.
    And motherboard...maybe.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Try switching to onboard video (take out ur graphics card) and see if you see a picture. If you do then it's your card.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    maybe you've got a bad monitor.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by killuminati96 View Post
    Try switching to onboard video (take out ur graphics card) and see if you see a picture. If you do then it's your card.
    None of the Lanparty boards have onboard video.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    if you have some bipping when you start the computer, you can check with the motherboard guide what does it means...
    else just chek another monitor or a video card from a friend before you buy a new one....
    i don't think it's the ps because you said the computer lights are on....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mahaya View Post
    That means nothing.
    I routinely have to replace PSUs that will spin the fans and turn on LEDs yet fail to POST the motherboard.
    Two today, in fact.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    That means nothing.
    I routinely have to replace PSUs that will spin the fans and turn on LEDs yet fail to POST the motherboard.
    Two today, in fact.
    Yet i think it's easier to check the rest first...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    That means nothing.
    Two today, in fact.
    Yet i think it's easier to check the rest first...
    Yes, it may be easier (though I don't see how), but it is less likely to find the fault.

Rule number one in hardware maintenance - check the most obvious components first.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm hoping its the power supply because thats prtty much the last thing I can try. I just tried a diff video card and had the same problem. The motherboard has diagnostic LEDs that supposedly mean "initializing usb." but those only go on when i first turn the computer on, off then on again. Really weird, lol. Whatever, lol. I ordered a new PS from newegg so now all I can do is wait. Thanks for all the help ill keep you posted on how it works out.

On a good note, I was going through this old computer and noticed that it has kotor on it. I never beat that game because I never had time, but I guess now I can go ahead and give it a play through.
    I never can think of a good sig...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast