Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone get annoyed when a show gets cancelled?

In recent weeks I found out that Kidnapped and 3lbs have both been cancelled. Both shows were excellent and I don't feel they were given much of a chance.

Are there any shows which you were sorry to see end or which you think were cancelled prematurely?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yes yes and yes it ticks me off to no end
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    L3ST's Avatar Mt Love BT Rep: +1
    I got rly annoyed when they canceled Day Break, even if it the script wasn't that good it was kinda fun to watch and Brent's girl was HOT

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I couldn't believe it when they cancelled Futurama. That show was awesome.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Another show that they cancelled was John Doe. Really ticked me off. Most of the reason why they cancelled it was because the main character in the series went and started playing in Prison Break, which is why I don't watch Prison Break.
    Last edited by DemonicFire; 04-14-2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: changed something

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by firepong View Post
    Another show that they cancelled was John Doe. Really ticked me off. Most of the reason why they cancelled it was because the main character in the series went and started playing in Prison Break, which is why I don't watch Prison Break.
    That's weird since the shows came out 3 years apart.

They were both Fox shows at that.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    While I can see how a certain favorite show being canceled can be disappointing, it's probably better than have your show become stagnant due to lack of new story lines or ideas.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firepong View Post
    That's weird since the shows came out 3 years apart.

They were both Fox shows at that.
    Really? When I looked up John Doe, it said the season was over in 2004. And when I looked up Prison Break, it said that they started recordeing it in 2004

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    kalel's Avatar Last Son Of Krypton
    annoyed? LOL you have no idea. our world has come to REALITY SHOWS, EXAMPLE, The OC great show cancelled, The Black Donneleys cancelled, no one wants drama anymore thats not real. They wanna see real people doin stupid things for money. Why this is is the same reason as everything else. The world is changing badly at an alarming rate.

It's Not The Size Of Your Bandwidth It's How You Use It!

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    While I can see how a certain favorite show being canceled can be disappointing, it's probably better than have your show become stagnant due to lack of new story lines or ideas.
    I agree with you to a certain extent, some TV shows definitely only have a limited shelf life and can become stagnant (I believe it is know as jumping the shark).

I don't think this was the case with 3lbs or Kidnapped however because both shows were cancelled before either series had been fully aired. I just think it is annoying when a show doesn't even get a chance to become established.
    Last edited by ArchStanton; 04-15-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast