Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a new TV...

suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    I need a new TV for the living room. What is the best type of tv to go with these days? I hear LCD is getting better and better. Im looking for a 50in or above for about 2000 USD. How do i find out what's good and what's not these days?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    From what I've heard (and it may be bullshit) there isn't much of a difference between HD TV brands. So if you can get a more unknown model for a few hundred dollars less, it should still work fine. I think the only brand-name that is actually superior is Sony's Bravia.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    samsung has been in the hd game the longest. thier hdtvs are onegeneration ahead of everyone elses. there isn't a huge difference, but i'd always suggest looking at the 2nd to last gen samsung for the best bang for your buck.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    From what I've heard (and it may be bullshit) there isn't much of a difference between HD TV brands. So if you can get a more unknown model for a few hundred dollars less, it should still work fine. I think the only brand-name that is actually superior is Sony's Bravia.
    lies, all lies...but sony's bravia truely is great

Quote Originally Posted by k9black View Post
    samsung has been in the hd game the longest. thier hdtvs are onegeneration ahead of everyone elses. there isn't a huge difference, but i'd always suggest looking at the 2nd to last gen samsung for the best bang for your buck.
    can you show some of the second to last gen samsungs

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    the biggest difference ive noticed between lesser brands and better brands are inputs the higher priced brands seem to have more variety of inputs and more of them.. eg. my grandfathers LG i think it is has a dvi and hdmi well my friends ___ brand from walmart does not (same size same appearance other than brand logo and they both have same menu and volume control graphics)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    If your looking for a lot of input options stay away from walmart
    also if you are looking for 1080i or 1080p stay away from walmart
    walmart does have a few TV's with 1080i but they do not have a lot if input options
    I am all about Inputs, one for: cable box, old VCR, DVD Player , two of my Computers and Xbox 360.
    my father in-law just bought a 43" LCD TV from walmart and it only had 2 component, 1 A/V, 1 S-Video and 1HDMI
    a good TV should have at least 3 Component, 2 A/V, 2 S-Video, 2HDMI, and 1 DVI for a computer.
    The picture from my father in-law's TV is very good, very bright and clear. it is a
    Sanyo 42" LCD HDTV with Digital Tuner, DP42647 for about $1000
    Last edited by matt526; 10-11-2007 at 04:53 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=5

I bought one about 3 months ago and I love it. It's a 50 inch plasma for $1500.00 and it's black levels are excellent. It looked great right out of the box. I used a calibration DVD and the picture quality went from great - to fantastic!

Read the reviews about it. You won't be disappointed.

-bd

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    the vizio brand has certainly gone way up since the last year, you see them everywhere. i was thinking about getting one, im gonna have to compare them in store, with actual graphics on them

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6 View Post
    the vizio brand has certainly gone way up since the last year, you see them everywhere. i was thinking about getting one, im gonna have to compare them in store, with actual graphics on them

I love mine. It plays standard def tv better, than some of the pricer brands. I prefer plasma over LCD (I like plasmas black levels. Compared to LCD sets).

-bd

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    im thinking about getting the Sharp LC-52D64U - AQUOS 52" High-definition 1080p LCD TV. Has some pretty good specs, and decent price

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast