Thread: Format C:\

BReal13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Hi guys , i want to format my C:\ drive, have a lot of problems with my Windows... and my main problem is that i have more than 100 torrents in Utorrent.
    Can I make a backup , i don't want to download all the torrents again and seed them. I saw that BitComet had such an option but i don't know anything about Utorrent...

Any advice ?

Happy to be at last

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    do you have partitions, if so you could just move all the necessary files that you still want to seed onto another partition separate to your windows one, then just re dl the torrent files after, and let utorrent check for them. If you dont have partitions, id suggest backing up the files that you want to keep seeding onto DVD or a USB HD, and then copying them back over after you've finished with the format :]
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent
    folded for resource utorrent

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    If you havn't changed where the torrent-files are saved then all you need to backup is the utorrent folder under Application Data.

Start->RUN: %AppData%\uTorrent

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    thats just for getting the .torrent files, but as i said before you'll need to back up the data aswell :]

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Ah, people actually still save data on their Windows partition?
    I've only used that partition for program and game installations for ages.
    Last edited by Quasit; 05-02-2008 at 08:14 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    haha, yeah its been a long time since ive only had one partition, it was the worst when it came time to format, id be spewing everytime :[ having to re-dl my stuff

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ClodiuS's Avatar Custom User Title BT Rep: +2
    Take a external Hard Disk(if you dont have,ask to any friend) and you can do the format in an hour!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BReal13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    do you have partitions, if so you could just move all the necessary files that you still want to seed onto another partition separate to your windows one, then just re dl the torrent files after, and let utorrent check for them. If you dont have partitions, id suggest backing up the files that you want to keep seeding onto DVD or a USB HD, and then copying them back over after you've finished with the format :]
    Quote Originally Posted by czlada View Post
    C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent
    folded for resource utorrent

yes i know about this, i have 3 partitions ( C D E ),I'm just to lazy to check every torrent where i download it, D or E,just wanted to know if there was a simpler and faster way

Happy to be at last

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    the best thing to do is have 2 hard drives, one for torrent downloads and one only for windows and programs.

i am trying this but i use dual boot with Linux and its difficult since i can't add another hd unless i make it portable (don't feel like buying the little box that makes it portable....)
    There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
    Albert Einstein