Thread: XBTT Whitelist to Blacklist in Gazelle

I am running Project Gazelle RC1 using XBTT for announce. By default the source code is set up to use a whitelist rather then a blacklist. I personally am not a big fan of this method and feel it is better to only block clients as needed.

While I am running Gazelle, I was hopping the tbdev forums might lends some insight in to what was needed to accomplish this. Now I did manage to stumble on this, and generall speaking it is useless for Gazelle, but does mention tracker_input.cpp. From what I conclude it would probably hold true for Gazelle that this would be the script needed to chance the whitelist into a blacklist, but I am not quite sure how i would do this. I know the client ids are stored in the peer_id table in the database but the references in tracker_input.cpp also mention no_peer_id and m_no_peer_id

Here is the source code for tracker_input.cpp.
    http://pastebin.com/ZQsibaCv
    I would be truly grateful to some one who could atleast shed some insight on the situation.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Techn9ne1730 View Post
    While I am running Gazelle, I was hopping the tbdev forums might lends some insight in to what was needed to accomplish this. Now I did manage to stumble on this, and generall speaking it is useless for Gazelle, but does mention tracker_input.cpp.
    Did you try the Gazelle forums?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    http://what.cd/gazelle/forums.php?ac...d&threadid=326
    Yes, 2.5 days and no response. In my experience there forums are never very useful so thats why I am asking here.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Techn9ne1730 View Post
    Sorry about that, I should have at least checked before asking.
    Last edited by anon; 11-25-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: BBCode typo
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Thats ok, I appreciate the attempt none the less. I have narrowed it down to tracker_input.cpp or tracker_input.cpp_whitelist if some one could help, I would really appreciate this.