Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: any thebox staffers arround?

hi,is any staffer from thebox here? i am asking here since my account was disabled today....i went on irc to talk with them,but they said i cheated and was banned instantly ,they said something about "xtremespeedz fail"
    firstly i thought they were making fun of me,and tried to reconnect from a different ip to talk with them,same thing happened,they dont even let me explain,or ask me anything....
    i know that is their site,their rules,but jeez that one was one of my used accounts
    i used 2 seedboxes,one from USA and one from europe (hetzner i think)
    the hetzner server went offline today from a failure from their side,at least that what the hosting company told me,and i thought that was the disable reason,cuz of the HnR
    so,i am quite confuse about this....i would appreciate any help,at least to explain myself

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I'm good for you.
    TheBox don't disable for HNR, I've been doing it for years.
    They do disable for international IP change; did you log in through any of your servers?
    That "xtremespeedz fail" is probably a reference to cheating on TheBox, or stealing content for extremespeeds.net.
    Last edited by TONiC; 03-26-2011 at 07:47 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Judging from his posts on TheBox-related threads, including one similar to yours, I think this user is staff there. You could try sending him a PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    yeah,i ve checked that list too,but since i am 2 days old on this site,i cannot pm
    this is the must ugly experience from my "bt experience" ...how can someone be so damn sure about this,when i dont have a clue what i did wrong,or why they've gone mad against me
    this is a terrible experience,and i wish i can defend myself,cuz it was one of my used trackers,and i know for sure that i didnt made anything wrong on the tracker,just leechin+seeding,i am not a uploader anywhere,i dont do this kind of things
    as for the cheating,why should anyone with my tools,and experience would do this....i'm a member of a wide range of well known trackers,but never went into issues like this...i think this is a first for me,lol
    thanks for the replys guys

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tespar View Post
    since i am 2 days old on this site,i cannot pm
    That's right, you can't PM yet. Can't believe I didn't notice.

this is the must ugly experience from my "bt experience" ...how can someone be so damn sure about this,when i dont have a clue what i did wrong,or why they've gone mad against me
    Assuming you've indeed done nothing wrong (the majority of new users starting threads like this here end up being unmasked as cheaters/traders), tracker staff make mistakes, too. I know someone who recently went through the same as you - turns out they detected his seedbox's upload speed as cheating and refused to re-enable his account altogether. In those cases, well, tough luck.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    WM Recorder.
    Ellipses go here.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    WM Recorder.
    That's what I searched to dig some old TheBox threads where the staff member posted. Apparently, that program causes clients to report false stats. How it does that, I don't know, but I've never tried it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by tespar View Post
    "xtremespeedz fail"
    Well, that's a response from young'en, who feels smart and hip when they think they caught someone doing something wrong and call it a fail. The immediate boot from IRC was to prevent the possibility of being made look like an idiot after they say 'fail', because it's detrimental to their self-image. Hopefully that'll clear up the confusion.
    So... assuming you did nothing wrong, having that same child staff member realizing their mistake and re-enabling you is very slim. You'll also have to avoid talking to anyone that likes to help this child stroke its ego (whether it be forward or reverse stroke). If it really matters to you, keep this in mind and you'll have to avoid reminding them that they actually made a mistake, and especially don't mention that they supplemented that mistake with a tagline (as those with underdeveloped minds do). They're just going to try to do the best they can to make it seem like you were at fault, and only by their good graces will the injustice be resolved. Oh wow, I haven't been in private bt for all that long and already I sound like I'm years jaded.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    . Oh wow, I haven't been in private bt for all that long and already I sound like I'm years jaded.
    I'm jaded enough to believe that you are lying about that and mjmacky is a dupe account is that's any consolation.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    . Oh wow, I haven't been in private bt for all that long and already I sound like I'm years jaded.
    I'm jaded enough to believe that you are lying about that and mjmacky is a dupe account is that's any consolation.
    Firstly, no, not a dupe account. Secondly, should I be responding to these notions seriously, or is this a running gag?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast