Thread: Vuze Contemplates Top Secret Project

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Vuze Contemplates Top Secret Project
    February 27, 2009

by:Thomas Mennecke

Vuze (the BitTorrent artist formerly known as Azureus) has something up their sleeve. According to their latest blog post, Vuze is thinking of

a top secret device that could bring downloaded TV shows to your TV or mobile device. What exactly does Vuze have in mind?

"Let’s say the Vuze team just happened to be thinking about a top secret project to help you watch downloaded videos on your TV and your mobile devices. Which device integrations would you want us to elegantly support within Vuze? We’re strong believers in an open world, and would like to support multiple devices (hypothetically, of course). Which devices would you like us to prioritize?"

We've tried emailing Vuze but haven't received a response on this lateFriday evening. However, the prospect of watching downloaded videos on a mobile device is something likely to find appeal within the file-sharing community. The post offers to consider a variety of devices to bring this feature to, with the iPhone and iPod receiving top billing.

This doesn’t quite appear to be a BitTorrent client for the iPhone or the other devices mentioned, but the idea of providing alternative means to watch content other than iTunes could be a game changer for the mobile market - especially if it's open beyond the Vuze HD network.

Source: http://www.slyck.com/story1836_Vuze_...Secret_Project
    Last edited by Detale; 02-28-2009 at 03:59 AM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Vuze = Bloatware nuff said!

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I actually like vuze. Seems to use a lot of ram but if the Computer HD is decent then should not be a problem. It is a good client.

Also interesting.

Seems to have more features than other clients i have used.?

Thank You.
    Last edited by pone44; 02-28-2009 at 07:28 AM.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    I actually like vuze. Seems to use a lot of ram but if the Computer HD is decent then should not be a problem. It is a good client.

Also interesting.

Seems to have more features than other clients i have used.?

Thank You.
    Possible but it's still bloatware. I must admit it does look sexy and there are some good 'legal' stuff on there eg. Ministry of Sound MVIDs in HD .

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    georbe's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Vuze is wrote in Java... That's why it's bloatware.

But Java is the perfect language if we are talking for embedded devices such as TV Tuners, Mobile Phones, and other gadgets.

So Vuze has a bright future on that area.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    implement ppc, and mobile cable tv!!! implemetn bit torrent and bitmetv on vuze mobile phone!

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    heh...all those claiming that vuze is bloatware just don't know what they're missing out on...what are you using "UTORRENT!!"(snickers)..:p!!
    Spoiler: Show

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Pixel's Avatar Poster
    I think they are trying to compete with utorrent, but the need to do something radically different since utorrent does it so well.