Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aom Hacked?

Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I just received an email:

Dear AOM Member,

your wonderful and magic site got hacked and your whole database including email addresses ip addresses forum posts private messages and personal messages got stolen. We contacted the AOM Staff over that but got no reply.

AOM staff please contact us and we tell you how to fix this security hole in your site because it still exists... so you and your members are safe again, we also advise you to get some security experts into your team cos there is a lot more bugs in the sourcecode of your tracker software.

In this instance sadly one of our Staff members decided it would benefit us to invite all AOM members, however i took notice of this fast enough and could stop it so only 100 or 150 members got an invite message and this has been stopped and our Staff member wont do it again nor are we giving out the Database to anyone.

This is the only mail you will ever get from us we wont contact you again or bother you but we felt the need to inform you all (most of you already know) about this breach of your privacy.

Please continue with the great site and team you have at ArtOfMisdirection (what a great name for a site) i´ve been a member ever since filefight and I wish you guys all the best and hope to run a site as cool as yours one day.

Greets,

salad.tl team

pz, eom
    wtf?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Debate is overrated BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    It seems this way, yes.
    Looks like magic doesn't work well with security.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Yikes, not cool. I really hope they are able to fix their security issues.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    well it seems this was going to happend sooner or later

probably the reasone for that is *fake open signups twice* and some guy(s) probably have been pissed by that lol

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30

probably the reasone for that is *fake open signups twice* and some guy(s) probably have been pissed by that lol
    Lol I guess they deserve it. Trying to keek a magic tracker *cough* rare. Well I guess it should be rare. Who the heck really needs a magic tracker?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    The Gladiator's Avatar I Will Report You BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by fOrUmAs View Post

Yeah! If i know how to do it i would do it to

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."

**Don't PM me asking for invites**

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post

Lol I guess they deserve it. Trying to keek a magic tracker *cough* rare. Well I guess it should be rare. Who the heck really needs a magic tracker?
    I doubt many trackers care about their rarity. aom probably just wanted to have a good small community

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Yea AOM imo is awesome, i applied but got denied because i dont have enough magic dvd's

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    your wonderful and magic site got hacked and your whole database including email addresses ip addresses forum posts private messages and personal messages got stolen
    lol, is it safe to be there ?

oh i wish to be Hacker
    Vectoral FTW!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by predateur View Post
    your wonderful and magic site got hacked and your whole database including email addresses ip addresses forum posts private messages and personal messages got stolen
    lol, is it safe to be there ?

oh i wish to be Hacker
    being a hacker is not an easy job mate , may b u spend some years out of your life in jail..

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast