Thread: Question about posting in the trades section...

Poster BT Rep: +5
    Do people post in the trade section with the intention of trading their entire existing account with someone else for their existing account on a different tracker (i.e. you give me your account on Tracker X and I'll give you my account on Tracker Y)...

- or -

...do they post here if they want to trade for an invitation to create a new account (i.e. you send me an invitation to your tracker, and I'll send you one to mine)?
    Last edited by m021478; 03-02-2009 at 07:04 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    yes, i believe they do all that. What you described in your example's are both trades.Invite for a invite or account for account, is a trade! No matter how you put it.

The giveaway section is for requests and giveaways, the trade section is for what you mentioned, trading!

Quote Originally Posted by m021478 View Post
    Do people post in the trade section with the intention of trading their entire existing account with someone else for their existing account on a different tracker (i.e. you give me your account on Tracker X and I'll give you my account on Tracker Y)...

- or -

...do they post here if they want to trade for an invitation to create a new account (i.e. you send me an invitation to your tracker, and I'll send you one to mine)?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I asked this question because I posted recently in the trades section with the intention of trading with someone else for an invitation to ScT. I listed a few of the other trackers that I would be willing to trade an invite for (HDBits being one of them) and several people PMed me asking how old my account at HDBits was...this threw me for a bit of a loop and made me think that I misunderstood exactly what was being traded... I guess I should have specified that I wanted to trade an invite for an invite, not an account for an account...

I don't suppose you could also clear up for me what the protocol typically is once someone does PM me back letting me know that they have an ScT invite the'd like to trade...Do I need a middleman, etc...?

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!
    Last edited by m021478; 03-02-2009 at 07:32 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I am not the one to ask about that. If you stick around I am sure someone will answer your questions as I have never engaged in any trading activities. I don't know how it works and I would be giving you false information if I tried to explain it. Others may disagree with my opinion. They may come here and teach you how to trade with the best of them? I don't know --

Maybe browse the section and see how it works? Or look at your site rules?
    Last edited by pone44; 03-04-2009 at 04:11 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    you can trade everything you want .... account, invites , rs account ,seedbox what ever you want .

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    no_bother's Avatar Village Troll BT Rep: +4
    Or you could save yourself now, create new account and start fresh and not get caught trading, and get your invites..... it takes more time but is better in the long run

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by no_bother View Post
    Or you could save yourself now, create new account and start fresh and not get caught trading, and get your invites..... it takes more time but is better in the long run
    It does not take more time.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Hot View Post
    someone has good luck in request section

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by no_bother View Post
    Agreed. There are definitely different schools of thought on this, and don't let all the put-downs in the request sections discourage you, but I have seen over and over that if someone hasn't messed up with a recent history of trading than invites are easily given without the need for any exchange.

Trading accounts is a defo no-no.. that much is obvious and you see that already. What may be important to point out is that many trackers are dead-set against the exchange of invites on forums such as FST. Doing so may get you into the site, but if your membership there came about due to the breaking of their rules, you'll not only see your account there get cancelled, but possibly your other accounts on other sites. Never mind the invite tree of the person whose invites started off the whole chain. I've had that unfortunate experience and believe me, it definitely messes up things for a lot of people for a long time.

All I can say is that it is not necessary to give an invite to get an invite. Many members here, myself included, have given invites freely without nothing expected in return.

As the posters said above, it can happen easily and quickly and never will you have to worry about your account getting axed.

There are great sites out there, with a superb combo of community, content, speed and security. No need to mess up the chance to get in if you don't have to.

My two cents.... Good luck
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    someone has good luck in request section
    Who told you you gotta be at FST to get into trackers?