Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Why all the threads get spammed ??

Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    We luv spamming your thread, kthxbai.
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by dpds View Post
    actually several members are really rude here. i have never seen such forums before )
    I agree, not been here long but I can see what you mean

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme29 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dpds View Post
    actually several members are really rude here. i have never seen such forums before )
    They are not rude at all. they're just realistic. What do you expect? Invites thrown at you, or to be treated as a prince just because you are new?? No. you have to earn that respect like all of us have.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post

They are not rude at all. they're just realistic. What do you expect? Invites thrown at you, or to be treated as a prince just because you are new?? No. you have to earn that respect like all of us have.
    No, but I don't think its really necessary to post something that would hurt others chances unless they are cheaters or something. Like if someone requests something, posting that you wont get it or you need to make the deal better or something is not really helpful. Perhaps some would have accepted the offer if it was not for others hurting their chances.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    "personnaly, i prefer users spamming with funny pics (like CaptanAmerica) than morons trying to increase their postcount by posting (for example) "bitme" in a "suggest me a good e-learning tracker" thread while the 15 previous posters already mentionned it."

Do you prefer me aswell?

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post

No, but I don't think its really necessary to post something that would hurt others chances unless they are cheaters or something. Like if someone requests something, posting that you wont get it or you need to make the deal better or something is not really helpful. Perhaps some would have accepted the offer if it was not for others hurting their chances.
    take this as you want, but your post is a fail.
    this forum is to discuss about filesharing (have you noticed the title? it's not invitesharingtalk), and the invite section is only a small part of all this. yet, it seems to be your real interest here.
    if you just came here, as everything points out that u did, only to get some free invites, you won't be warmly welcomed.
    you are a fine example of what makes us realize the kind of user we can expect from you. now, prove otherwise. until then, you are just one more that came here because wants "my dream tracker because i'm good user".

if i sounded rude, well...

edit:
    and by the way, care to explain how do you know about the invites section and how it works? you just registered here 27/12 and you need a month to have access there, so this is not your first account, and i hope you get investigated and banned if this is a dupe.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-08-2009 at 05:02 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    I can't read a whole thread before it gets bashed and has like 30 pages of spam. Moderators do something it's getting anoing , full of trolls that don't do anything good just make the thread a battle ground
    To answer your original question, the bt section used to have the same rules as the rest of the board, including no off topic posts, no excessive flaming etc, but the rules have been relaxed and the bt section is treated as a second lounge.
    Unfortunately this seems to have spiralled down lately into random posting from small cliques of users. As you may have noticed alot of users are currently sporting disabled privileges, this is because they did not heed the warning that hostile posting infractions would be handed out. If users persist then they can be put into moderation, i.e. every posts is checked by a moderator before it is allowed to be posted, and then of course ultimately there is banning.
    I think the core of the matter is not the spam, this section of the board was always a spam haven but much of it was humor, now it has descended into open hostility between different groups of users and serves no useful purpose. It is this negativity which has grown lately which is detrimental to the board , but it is not this forum that needs to change but rather the attitude of some of it's members.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    I can't read a whole thread before it gets bashed and has like 30 pages of spam. Moderators do something it's getting anoing , full of trolls that don't do anything good just make the thread a battle ground
    To answer your original question, the bt section used to have the same rules as the rest of the board, including no off topic posts, no excessive flaming etc, but the rules have been relaxed and the bt section is treated as a second lounge.
    Unfortunately this seems to have spiralled down lately into random posting from small cliques of users. As you may have noticed alot of users are currently sporting disabled privileges, this is because they did not heed the warning that hostile posting infractions would be handed out. If users persist then they can be put into moderation, i.e. every posts is checked by a moderator before it is allowed to be posted, and then of course ultimately there is banning.
    I think the core of the matter is not the spam, this section of the board was always a spam haven but much of it was humor, now it has descended into open hostility between different groups of users and serves no useful purpose. It is this negativity which has grown lately which is detrimental to the board , but it is not this forum that needs to change but rather the attitude of some of it's members.
    Very well put .. It aint that appealing anymore for the n00bs to come here and post as they knw they are gonna get flamed/bashed for no apparent reason .. Most of them turn to new private communities where its much easier to get what u want without going through the bashing .. All u have to do is just agree with everyone else which is quite easy .. Thats the main reason why these new invite forums at growing at a exponential rate cuz once u join them no one really doubts ur intentions and everything is really happy and gay(not ghey!!!) ..
    Apart form that Most of the topic related to BT have been done to death here .. So unless really creative ppl come here starting new interesting stuff u can expect more spam as ppl just have to post not for the post count but u just cant resist it
    Last edited by apextwin146; 01-08-2009 at 05:19 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

take this as you want, but your post is a fail.
    this forum is to discuss about filesharing (have you noticed the title? it's not invitesharingtalk), and the invite section is only a small part of all this. yet, it seems to be your real interest here.
    if you just came here, as everything points out that u did, only to get some free invites, you won't be warmly welcomed.
    you are a fine example of what makes us realize the kind of user we can expect from you. now, prove otherwise. until then, you are just one more that came here because wants "my dream tracker because i'm good user".

if i sounded rude, well...

Yes, I know this forum is about file sharing and file sharing includes Bittorrent. In fact, Bittorrent is probably the biggest and the most popular way of file sharing. So, saying the invites are not a major part of this forums is ridiculous. And you are right most of the people here are here to get invites and I won't deny that that is what I am here for.Does this make me a bad member? Perhaps, If I don't help out other when I can. And in my opinion if I share with other I will be a good member. That is the whole point of this community. To share.

Now I'm inclined to say you seem like one of the members I was referring to, but I will reserve judgment until I know you better.

Anyways, this is not meant to offend you in anyway. Just my opinion.

EDIT: I can view the invite section even though I have not been here for 30 days. I just can't post. I have looked through it and that's how I formed my opinion.
    Last edited by extreme29; 01-08-2009 at 05:18 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I like how the thread about spam became full of spam. Guess I just contributed to it, heh

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast