Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: some stats on waffles vs oink (what inc.)

BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I see a problem here.

Before Oink was shut down we had 189,034 users and 204,000 torrents= 1.08 torrents per user. Essentially if one user seeded just ONE torrent with a few seeding two torrents at anytime (assuming all the torrents were different), there would be no dead torrents. Ofc with 1 seed you have no idea what kinda speed you would expect. Realistically the average torrenter might have had 5 torrents seeding from oink at any given time given time. Assuming normal distribution, the average torrent at oink would have 5 seeders. With a large userbase such as this it would be easy to prevent an excess of dead torrents.

Now lets look at waffles.

Registered users31,467 Total Torrents126,502
    so the AVERAGE USER needs to seed 4 torrents assuming none of them are the same torrents being seeded by someone else. We all know that most don't leave their comps running their torrent client 24/7. I start wondering what if its a certain 1000 users that have 500 torrents seeding 24/7 or something because there is a great number of seeds at waffles. The next thought is how unstable this could be if something bad happened to this small niche of users.

Therefore I request that if there are any waffles staff are in here, they raise the user limit.

I know this argument isn't always valid. There more users@ what and about the same number of torrents but so many are poorly seeded. I hypothesize this is because many members at what have an acc at waffles and most originally prefered waffles for the design/features/layout/etc, and now prefer it simply because that where all the seeds are at.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    OiNK > Waffles > What

but they don't care about what you think, they won't do jack
    o hai

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    well, I expect that too. I would like to just state that I wish they increase the user limit. IMO, it would be more "lively"

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    zaa,

There are more factors in deciding what the user limit is other than the amount of torrents seeder per user. The idea that waffles was based on was to create a community where each person shared as much as they could and seeded as much as they could - and in this respect they succeeded. However you have already stated the key question: will raising the user limit achieve a more stable user base?

It in this respect that formulas don't apply. Most users on waffles were once on OiNK and are well equipped to rip music, myself included. Waffles has taken extra care to ensure that quality rippers and seeders do so. The fact that each user (on average) has over four torrents seeded is phenomenal. And unlike the current situation at what.cd, albeit sometimes slow, a Waffles torrent nearly always has a seed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorBubbz View Post
    but they don't care about what you think, they won't do jack
    I think you are wrong in that I am sure they do care about the users, since its the memebers that make a site succeed.

As for Zaa730 question the reason they might not do jack is because they have a total overview of the sites and its different stats which is something that you don't have.

But suggestions given to a site have never hurt anyone, but they probably should be made in there forums for a higher chance of success.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    well, I expect that too. I would like to just state that I wish they increase the user limit. IMO, it would be more "lively"
    I agree... I just think that some Sysops don't give a rat's ass about anyone's opinion except their admins and moderators....
    o hai

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorBubbz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    I agree... I just think that some Sysops don't give a rat's ass about anyone's opinion except their admins and moderators....
    Not posted on here they don't, posted in the right place and open for discussion amongst its own members they might.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    I thought you were through with making bad threads...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Didn't manage to get in on waffles (or whatcd for that matter) but oink was pretty tremendous

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPistola View Post
    I thought you were through with making bad threads...
    I thought the same...!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast