Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AstraWeb Account Setup

Signed up with Astraweb yesterday via Paypal and I haven't received my Account-Access info - does it take this long ?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    If I remember correctly, when I signed up for Astraweb I entered a username and password straight after payment. Did you?

If you did enter a username and password, go to http://www.news.astraweb.com/members_v2.cgi and login. You can find all the information there.
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 05-17-2009 at 09:22 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post
    If I remember correctly, when I signed up for Astraweb I entered a username and password straight after payment. Did you?

If you did enter a username and password, go to http://www.news.astraweb.com/members_v2.cgi and login. You can find all the information there.

Thanks for the response. No, there wasn't an option to continue after payment. Anyway got an email today saying that the account will be opened shortly. Can't wait...........

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    executioner's Avatar Tis Me BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Did you pay using an E-Cheque, if so you have to wait until it has cleared. Useualy 7 days.
    I made that mistake coz i hadn't registered my credit card with PayPal.

If you have wait until you see the payment has gone through on PayPal and send them am e-mail and they will send you your loggin details.
    Last edited by executioner; 03-30-2009 at 05:55 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Got it in an hour with Paypal a few days ago

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    They emailed me yesterday morning saying my account will be setup shortly - this was in response to a ticket I logged regarding the account.
    Payment was made through Paypal and the payment has been debited out of my account.

It's Tuesday and I still haven't received anything from them.
    It's certainly hasn't been a good start with Astraweb........
    Last edited by macmike; 03-31-2009 at 01:51 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    newsgroupie
    Astraweb's one glaring weak spot is its customer service. Most NSPs have 24/7 support. But Not Astraweb. They don't work at all on weekends (when most people sign up or use newsgroups, and actually need help) and no doubt Mondays are backlogged with all the support tickets that piled up. If you make the mistake of signing up on a Saturday, don't expect to get up and running any sooner than Monday or Tuesday.

This handicap of very limited support hours is by far the most common issue I've seen regarding Astraweb. I doubt that they will change anything unless more people start complaining to them, because apparently they don't even see it as a problem.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I agree with the others about the lack of a quick response from Astraweb on support tickets. I have only had to contact them a couple times but I dont think I got a response any sooner than 2 or 3 days after the initial contact. However once I got everything sorted the service itself has been fantastic.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    they should have instant 1 on 1 chat service...when i had newsdemon they had this it only took a min until someone answered my chat request and helped me out with my problem usually by resetting my account...i would like to see astraweb do something like this
    Last edited by dutchmaster420; 04-01-2009 at 07:00 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Thanks for the comments guys. I finally got a response today after re-issuing another ticket - complaining about their service and asking for a refund, and they responded with my account information and a refund of £2.00 for the delay (how kind.........).

Clearly, there is a problem with Astraweb's support but I will give it a go (simple because it's a decent affordable package) and see how things work out. In the time being I will have to keep my usenext account until I am convinced with Astraweb's overall service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast