Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly.Idea.For.Requests.PROPER.READTHREAD.FST-Kyl3KK

10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think that anyone requesting any site above, say, level 6, should know at least the full name of the site and maybe the URL too.

I knew the URLs for all my sites before I was invited to them, ScT and FTN included, and I know the URL for Wheelmods and the bunny.

If someone knows the URL or anything about the site that can't be found in the WTAW reviews, it shows that they really want the site, IMO.

Whaddya think?

Proper notes:

Firefox + FST = Bad

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post

Proper notes:

Firefox + FST = Bad
    i second that

as for the main issue, the url is meant to be secret and there may be some deserving members who might not know it. so you cannot enforce such a thing

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    googling can easily lead to the url and the name of a tracker; i think a certain number of posts and a certain length of seniority would be a better idea

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    well I think if you are really going to get that worried about it, you should just do your own research and not to free public giveaways
    I would recommend you make a list of friends you know of on here and offer them the invites instead....with trackers that high you dont want to risk it and I will never shoot my actual name on the tracker to someone I dont know unless as thor said they have seniority. however, I am considered new here...being active only a week, and I have met plenty of users who are "senior" to me but are completely incompetent.

So all and all, make your own rules for your invites bc in the end only you are held responsible for it.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Bfietta's Avatar Elite member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I liked this one

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    well I think if you are really going to get that worried about it, you should just do your own research and not to free public giveaways
    I would recommend you make a list of friends you know of on here and offer them the invites instead....with trackers that high you dont want to risk it and I will never shoot my actual name on the tracker to someone I dont know unless as thor said they have seniority. however, I am considered new here...being active only a week, and I have met plenty of users who are "senior" to me but are completely incompetent.

So all and all, make your own rules for your invites bc in the end only you are held responsible for it.
    nicely put fatcat69. im surprised you made good sense for a change

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    aww come on i am not that bad....like for every 50 posts i get one decent one in...so im up to what... 5...ok you win lol

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    googling can easily lead to the url and the name of a tracker; i think a certain number of posts and a certain length of seniority would be a better idea
    +1. I just thought the idea of a bit of research shows "dedication" sort of.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    google FTW i found how to get to lvl 10 site's login page through it

Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    +1. I just thought the idea of a bit of research shows "dedication" sort of.
    or "curiosity" ...perhaps same thing for this one.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 12-24-2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    [NUKED] [GROUP.SCENE.BANNED.GTFO]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast