Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Windows 8 says goodbye to the BSoD, replaces it with a sad face

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    What do you do if your PC won't boot, you get a sad face and no error code to google the issue since you can't boot up to see the error logs.

2. vBCms Comments   -   #12
    I honestly haven't seen the BSOD since Windows XP not even with Vista not that I'm praising Vista, I actually hated it till the last service pack. I wont say I haven't experienced any problems with 7 either just not the BSOD !

3. vBCms Comments   -   #13
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    The only blue screens I've had have always been related to atheros wireless chipsets + high bandwidth + numerous connections. Those bluescreens did nothing helpful compared to WinDbg, so I'd actually welcome something a little less irritating. I don't know if this is it, I fucking hate smilies, my every use of them is a dig at smilies.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Seems somewhat useless. No point in changing it if you're merely replacing it with something that's equally as terrible.
    Last edited by Glaucon; 09-19-2011 at 01:55 AM.

5. vBCms Comments   -   #15
    I like how Microsoft doesn't take direct blame for the issue.. something like "Your OS took a crap" or something which would be more appropriate.Its not like the hardware is ever (mostly) at fault

6. vBCms Comments   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Might as well have Bill Gates dropping his drawers and flashing . I'v never had a problem with diagnosing drivers issues , I just do a fresh install . Why can't someone develop a program to help ? I saw one but haven tried it , called "WhoCrashed.Professional.v3.01" . If after a fresh install and the BSOD keeps popping up its usually faulty memory or incorrect BIOS settings .
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-24-2011 at 03:37 PM.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #17
    All I know is that BSOD r the cause of 3rd party programs,,,like my ATI stupid drivers! they always cause the BSOD issues,,, i rly hope they r gone, but replacing them with a sad face won't solve the problem lol!
    Last edited by Issun; 09-24-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12