Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice for new tracker?

meowmix4jo

Question Mark

I decided to make my own tracker, and I am looking for constructive critisism and advice on how things should be run, what should be different, things that need to be added, etc.

I know it's hosted in the U.S., but I plan on moving it once I get a real job and can afford it.

Link: http://anontorrent.com/

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    You want constructive critisism?

No point in hosting a tracker without any money. If you plan on being a Sysop, be ready to dish out money (in the $100s) when needed. The reason I say that is by you saying "once I get a real job" means you don't have a stable/don't have a job right now.

Don't bother hosting it in the US, but I guess you figured that out.

Besides money and legality issues,

PLEASE (for the love of Christ) make another 0day/trance tracker. ScT and TT are good enough for those, thank you. No point in having a tracker thats just trying to be like all the rest. :/

Think of something unique, a tracker which doesn't exist and that pipes your interest might pipe others, what do you know, you got some people who want to join and help out.
    Don't PM me for invites.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by meowmix4jo View Post
    I am looking for constructive critisism and advice on how to get a real job
    there you go

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    we need more dedicated trackers , ODAY we have enough also TVshows and trance no need for them .

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    randall's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I agree with gekko, you need to find a gap market. Something like a dedicated xbox tracker, ntorrents has done well being dedicated to wii/ds.

But you really don't seem to be in a position to create a good one right now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    we really do not need more of . . . anything

;/

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    we really do not need more of . . . anything

;/
    Agree

Not at this point in time anyway.
    maybe when a site goes down and there is a demand.

Examples - Oink and Brokenstones

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Sorry but this thread is an obvious brick wall...and you walked right into it

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yet another guy who got banned from some trackers and decided to make his own

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    If you're going to make a tracker, make a lossless or audiobook exclusive one. We don't have enough of those, or the ones that already exist are too hard to get into.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast