Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple's New Mouse is Magic, Has Multitouch

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Apple's New Mouse is Magic, Has Multitouch
    October 20, 2009 by Marcus Yam

" Mouse doesn't have to be mighty with it's magic.

Multitouch seems to be the new hotness in the computing industry. Be it multitouch screens or trackpads, it's all about multi-fingering your computers. Apple's had multitouch on its notebooks and iPhones for years now, and now the company is bringing multitouch to the mouse.

Apple today introduced the new wireless Magic Mouse, which does away with mechanical buttons, scroll wheels or scroll balls. Instead, the entire top of the Magic Mouse is a multitouch surface.

Magic Mouse features a seamless touch-sensitive enclosure that allows it to be a single or multi-button mouse with advanced gesture support. The single click is done with the index finger, and the right click is done with the middle finger (at the top corner of the mouse, depending on handedness). The mouse also supports gestures for scrolling, panning, and swipes for page navigation.

Lastly, the new mouse has very thick glide feet--much thicker and longer lasting than many, if not all other mice on the market.

Like most Apple input peripherals, it's Bluetooth only, but it does have a battery life of around four months and range of 10 meters. Magic Mouse comes standard with the new iMac and is available at the end of October for a suggested retail price of $69 (US).

For those wondering, yes, the mouse is indeed a 2 button mouse with a real right click. It just has the appearance of a button-less mouse. "

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/app...ures,8891.html

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    I pretty sure the mouse actually does have a mechanical button.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    brilman's Avatar Poster
    Is it just me or does that kind of look like a maxi-pad

not that I don't like it or anything

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    70bucks for an average mouse? wow apple will never learn, will they?

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Pffft, scam. Might as well shove it up your gf's pussy, that's how much it's worth.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post
    I've seen MS mouses for over $100

-----

It's called 'Magic Mouse'

http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

-----

Can anyone confirm it works on PC's?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    awesome ....

ebay

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post
    I think they've learned very well. Apple is about exclusivity by pricing out those who aren't "worthy". Apple owners are club members. Club apple, where the entry fee is the price of a macbook. People will buy it.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    i need to test it before buy..Its great technology but dont know if it is confortable

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    well in that case, that's one club I def. have no interest in being a part of

also just 'coz M$ has $100+ mouses, doesn't mean this particular one is worthy of a hefty price tag

also I guess you can't really blame Apple for milking their customers, when their customers are actually silly enough to be willing to spend all that cash in the first place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast