Thread: ...\\\||**Just got back from ROGGER WATTERS**||///...

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I just got back from seeing Roger Waters in concert, and all I can say about it is MAGNIFICENT! It was the most amazing concert that I've ever seen, and I left fulfilled and content.

The concert began with In The Flesh followed by selections of songs from many of Floyd's great albums (Wish You Were Here, The Wall, Animals). Durring Sheep from animals, a gigantic pink pig came floating out from behind stage. Among many other texts, it had written on the posterior of the pig "Impeach Bush Now!" and next to it "What an Asshole" with an arrow pointing to "Bush".

After that, we had a 15 minute break and returned to a LIVE performance of Dark Side of the Moon. Above the stage was a rotating prism made of light. From one side, a wight light shone through and from the other came a flat spectrum that illuminated the audience as it rotated.

All throughout the show was video to accompany the music. The video showed imagery that pertained to the lyrics, but had a modern theme, depicting today's fears and terrors (Bush).

And as if all this was not enough, he preformed a new song for us, regaling a summer trip to Beirut where his car broke down and he had to hitch-hike. The story was about the kindness he received from an Arabic family on his way back home. The ballad was accompanied by a beautifully animated comic strip. The story was touching and evoked pitty for the poor innocent people who are being slaughtered over there every day.

Overall, the concert was magnificent. There are few other words to describe it. The evening couldn't have been more perfect (well, unless those loud, drunken assholes behind us were taken outside and shot).

2. Music   -   #2
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    any photos to share?

3. Music   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by optimus_prime View Post
    any photos to share?
    nah, sorry. My camera phone died and they frisked people before they went in.

4. Music   -   #4
    Creeping Death's Avatar Pedant
    Good stuff, probably my favourite of the pink floyd solo efforts.

Have all of his solo albums, and despite arguably being a bit artsy I am a fan