Thread: TorrentScan.com Shut Down Due to DMCA Violation

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    The popular BitTorrent meta-search engine torrentscan.com was shutdown a few hours ago due to a DMCA violation. An absurd action because the site never linked to a single .torrent file, it just allowed you to search for torrent files on other BitTorrent sites like The Pirate Bay and Mininova. So how on earth can it cause a DMCA violation?

Mavol, the owner of Torrentscan.com was stunned by the action of his hosting company (softlayer), but up until now he didn’t receive any explanation for this bizarre action. To make things even sillier, his other sites like imgboot.com and showip.be which are hosted on the same server are also taken down, and those sites aren’t even remotely related to BitTorrent.

Mavol immediately decided to relocate the site to a new server. His friends at [btjunkie] were kind enough to help him out for now. It might take some time for the DNS to update, but in the meantime TorrentScan.com can be accessed here. [Please visit source site for link]

Mavol is not the most lucky guy when it comes down to finding a good webhost. Only a few month ago he got screwed over by his (former) webhost who hijacked his domain, and took off. Let’s hope he has more luck with his next webhost, so things can get back to normal soon.

Source: TorrentFreak
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 04-02-2007 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to break html, fook!
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Fight the Power!

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I don't understand how they took down site that doesn't host .torrent files.. the webhost...they must have been scared or something..
    You seem to like TorrentFreak now Hairbautt good site heh ?

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by iNSOMNiA View Post
    You seem to like TorrentFreak now Hairbautt good site heh ?
    Good news source for p2p, never disliked it. I questioned the article about the RIAA's early settlement plan, but that's because it's just so unbelievable - in the sense that they'd stup that low.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Good news source for p2p, never disliked it.
    Glad you like it..I just thought just didn't checking it anymore. It's really good source for info related on BitTorrent indeed, i posted some news from it.
    Last edited by iNSOMNiA; 04-03-2007 at 04:52 AM.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by iNSOMNiA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Good news source for p2p, never disliked it.
    Glad you like it..I just thought just didn't checking it anymore. It's really good source for info related on BitTorrent indeed, i posted some news from it.
    It's on my Google Personalized page...I have like 10+ RSS feeds that bring me the 6 latest headlines. Love Google.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    emsee's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Its working normal again