Thread: Question about ratio

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hi,

I recently received access to SCT, BitmeTV and Oink and i'm having a question after reading their faq/rules.

They all mention that you have to maintain a specified ratio not to get warned or banned. But it is not clear if the notion of hit and run if present for each separate torrent downloaded.

If a have a buffer of 200 gig, my understanding is that i don't absolutely have to seed every torrent to 100% because my overall ratio is over 100%.

In blackcats, i see clearly that hit and runs are not accepted.

Since i see a lot of trade of buffered account here, i guess it is not the case of every site, right?

Thx!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    You should always try to give back what you take a 1:1 ratio. Most sites view hit and runs on a torrent by torrent basis, but in my experience will be more lenient if you've been good on most of your torrents.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Check the rules on each individual site. Those that frown on hitting and running usually say so.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    allen(s)'s Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Hi,

I recently received access to SCT, BitmeTV and Oink and i'm having a question after reading their faq/rules.

They all mention that you have to maintain a specified ratio not to get warned or banned. But it is not clear if the notion of hit and run if present for each separate torrent downloaded.

If a have a buffer of 200 gig, my understanding is that i don't absolutely have to seed every torrent to 100% because my overall ratio is over 100%.

In blackcats, i see clearly that hit and runs are not accepted.

Since i see a lot of trade of buffered account here, i guess it is not the case of every site, right?

Thx!
    there is no preset limit to get a warning for a low ratio.
    = all staff have their own idea of what looks like a bad ratio. could from 0.7 or 0.6 down.

first uploading something around 1-2 gigs will help you.

getting noticed by the staff by hit n running on a torrent will get you a warning also.

posting thank you's and posting in the forum, while having a bad ratio will get you a warning very fast, i hope that answers your question.
    Last edited by KFlint; 01-08-2008 at 04:54 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by allen(s) View Post

posting thank you's and posting in the forum, while having a bad ratio will get you a warning very fast, i hope that answers your question.
    In other words if youre gonna HnR, dont post anything in the forums or comment on the torrents and stay out of the mod's radars. rofl.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    allen(s)'s Avatar Poster
    Shhh

those were your words not mine.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    thx!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    allen(s)'s Avatar Poster
    if you have a buffer of 200 gig, a mod searching for hit n runs would see your buffer and usually not give you a warning, unless you pissed them off really badly in another way.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ChotaZorro's Avatar Arsenal Fan BT Rep: +1
    I guess you can't hit and run on the new torrents but on old torrents it is allowed sometimes because they won't have leechers.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ewerest's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    you cant always have 1:1 ratio on each torrents.what you can do about is seed them like 3-4 days.even you couldnt get 1:1 ratio you will be ok if you keep seeding.
    and what mods of most trackers think is if you are not the only one seeding you can seed a few days and stop that torrent.its important that everybody leeching would be able to get the files.but if you are the only seeder and stop seeding then you will get warning