Thread: Metal album "Deadfall", check it out

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Cool

http://www.yousendit.com/download/Um...MHdPSHhFQlE9PQ

I recommend you have Guitar Pro v4 or higher, if not then get a free program called Tux Guitar (google it) that can open/play guitar pro files, and if you're too lazy to do that then no worries, I have provided midi files for each of the songs so you don't have to be hassled to go download other programs.

Took about 2 weeks to write, this is not advertising, I'm merely sharing my work with you guys and hoping I'll get some sort of feedback as to what may need changing/tweaking, after all, filesharetalk.com right? For more details about the album, go to:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum....php?t=1095241

Or just read the excerpt below:

Here it is.

Quick note: TURN OFF RSE!!! I wrote this with it off so to hear it the way I intended please turn off RSE, thanks.

Took about 2 weeks to write, I think I got stuck in the fishbowl and I can't tell whether the songs are good since I've been listening and working on them for so long now.

This is a metal album but I tried to diversify each song, I was shooting for Death Metal but there are some great songs in here with different styles. I also tried to keep a standard on all songs, so some riffs and parts may sound the same but that's what I intended, I tried my best not to repeat myself though so that's why I'm posting it here, need your guy's crits and response!

I'm not asking you to crit every singly song, but hey if you like the songs and have some time, crit a few or maybe even all of them but that's not my intention, if I even get one crit I'll be happy.

Tracklist:

01) To Enslave and Eradicate --> Death Metal, lots of chugging, fast, and has a very cool solo (sweep picking as well)

02) The Failures of Our Protectors --> Not sure what kind of metal this woudl be, but it's pretty melodic. Not much chugging at all in here, a sick breakdown.

03) The Path to Salvation....The Road to Infection --> Viking Metal? not sure what style, but this is my favorite song off the entire album. Great chorus, cool solo, and an intense ending.

04) Deadfall --> Death metal. I like this one. Sick intro, and even sicker outro. The outro riff is my favorite riff on this ablum. Unsure on the chorus though, either I will replace it with a new chorus or just take it out altogether, lemme know what you think about that.

05) Battle for Survival --> Only 7 string song on here. Kind of prog metal but not really. It's "different". Insane, and I mean absolutely insane drums. Some of you might be wondering why I did not use the extra string, the reason is the original solo for this song used all 7 strings (7 string sweeps), but I took that out of there b/c I can't play that fast (yet....), forgot to change this back to 6 strings, oh well.

06) The Harbinger of War --> Melodic death Metal. This one is all about fretwork, lots of leads/solos. Very cool outro solo, and the verse riff is pure fun to play and headbang to.

07) The Hallow Tree --> ? metal? You'll have to listen for yourself, I don't think it flows with the rest of the album and as such I'm thinking about replacing this one with my other song I recently posted titled "7th column", you be the judge and I will carry out the concensus.

08) Nidhogg --> Power metal. I LOVE THIS SONG. 2nd fav on album, its fast, its fun to play. Acoustic intro and a very cool breakdown as well.

09) Journey's End --> metalcore? Not sure what to think of this one, I may remove it from the final tracklist but you be the judge. It's too cliched and I think its been done to death, I only wrote this to see if I could perhaps bring new life to it but in the end I don't know what to think of it.

10) The Way the World Ends --> Death metal. Remember I said track 5 had insane drums? This is even more insanier, I doubt there's a drummer out there that can play this fast but the only reason I made it fast is b/c it sounds orgasmic to death metal fans. I think this is a great way to end an album. Very cool chorus too.
    Thanks for checking it out guys!

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Music   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Midi files?!

3. Music   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by S!X View Post
    Midi files?!
    Or you could open them in guitar pro like everyone else

I don't have any recording equipment right now so these crude midi files will do, its just to give you an idea of what I'm working on.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.