Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server...

X's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i just bought a server for $50 ... its specs aren't that good but its enough for me.. i am trying to learn how to clean install windows server 2003 on it so i can start using it to upload torrents... can someone please direct me to some guide u found or u use... i have already tried google so ...
    >< marks the spot

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    QstorM's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    You have to pay your server host an extra fee for windows and they install it not you. Unless you have physical access to the server.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by QstorM View Post
    You have to pay your server host an extra fee for windows and they install it not you. Unless you have physical access to the server.
    i mean ... i bought a server... its in my hands... someone was using it for their restaurant ...
    >< marks the spot

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    a server is useless w/out a fast internet connection.

a server is basically your home computer but w/ a fast internet connection
    Proud Member of:

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    http://www.petri.co.il/install_windows_2003.htm
    try there maybe will help you

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    QstorM's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by QstorM View Post
    i mean ... i bought a server... its in my hands... someone was using it for their restaurant ...
    If thats the case you just need to find a copy of windows server 03, insert the disc and install.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    a server is useless w/out a fast internet connection.

a server is basically your home computer but w/ a fast internet connection
    alright here is the deal...

i got 3 comps and a server....
    all of the three comps have a separate BW because they are at different location... all three have atleast 512 kbps UL...
    so i am planning on installing the OS on the server ... download stuff on the server.. and use all four computer (including the server) to UL once i have a complete copy... or if i release something ... using the server i can share the files on all four computers and UL with 4 seeds ! right or is my logic wrong?
    >< marks the spot

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    you have to make a network on the 3 computers and with the server , after that you just download with what computer you want and just share the files on all computers and seed.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsonica View Post
    you have to make a network on the 3 computers and with the server , after that you just download with what computer you want and just share the files on all computers and seed.
    so it is possible right.. and it is going to benefit me ?
    >< marks the spot

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ies it's posible but if you have all the cmputers in the same house and you spleet the same conection it's worth nothing because the speed splets to all computers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast