Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have To Admit - Times Have Change !!

Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    After witnessing a fury of Giveaways by Syscops to 2 major Sites..........I am "impress" - by the integrity of the seekers of Invites - They did nOt give up, amidst the "storms " of Spam and Flames.....[ sorry !! I was a contributor, somehow]
    when I first started, a year ago..., No matter , how much U "pleaded" and plodded.....for a F*N Or other high Lvl invites. it seems futile.
    The "ONLY" way to get ahead was to "Buff" your accounts that U got from Giveaways- that if U are lucky to get an Invite and Trade yourself up from there.....that is the "ONLY" thing we know how?
    anyways.........I am glad to see, some Newcomers, getting their High Lvl Trackers, so fast WITHOUT TRADING FOR IT.......times have definitely change for the better.

Just MY 2 CENTS FOR WHAT IS WORTH....... I just Retired. Turning off my Rep Points as of now.....

Last edited by Enlightened; 10-16-2007 at 07:22 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i agree, it's actually pretty cool for new comers

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    It is nice! And as someone who doesn't trade, it gives you hope.

I understand the process though. It's hard to trust noobs with access to a high level trackers. With people who buffer accounts and take the time to seed - at least you know they are working hard to get the sites they truly want. But, walking all over the security and rules of the lesser trackers isn't exactly something that inspires trust.

Who says they won't trade your high level tracker to some idiot for access to some other site eventually? By giving high level invites to new people you don't know, there are obviously risks involved. But, I think the benefits of adding a few new users that will be long standing contributors to the site, outweigh the risks involved.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    But its actually good.. This avoids all the hassles of trading and cheating and then getting banned..

Why not get all the invites legit...And as a matter of fact Invites are supposed to be free (lol ofcourse not of ScT)..

I think Staff/Sysops who are Community Reps should often do giveaways says once or twice month and select most worthy members for thier community
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Saroman View Post
    But its actually good.. This avoids all the hassles of trading and cheating and then getting banned..

Why not get all the invites legit...And as a matter of fact Invites are supposed to be free (lol ofcourse not of ScT)..

I think Staff/Sysops who are Community Reps should often do giveaways says once or twice month and select most worthy members for thier community
    That is a good idea actually. Sure there are a lot of bad people here but the good people are not that hard to spot.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Just because someone is new doesn't mean they're a bad user.
    And just because someone buffered an account a lot doesn't mean they're a good user.

FST is filled with so many good people. The community here rocks and I think that truly this forum is the fairest place to get an invite. I think there are a lot of people to provide an excellent example that shows you can get the invites you want without trading.

But in any case

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    I would be an excellent example. I've never traded, and I've received almost all of my invites from FST. And not a single one of my accounts has ever had a negative ratio and I contribute on each tracker forum when I can.

FST has helped me considerably. Matter of fact, I don't know how I would have ever received most of my high level trackers, without the help of a few kind souls on this forum. I don't have any friends "in real life" that use trackers. I've just been lucky enough to have someone take a chance and trust me.

I just hope someday I can return the favor.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    embolism's Avatar Anti abuse COP!! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Thanks to the mods and sysops

Without their kind consideration, there would have been no hope for someone like me with awful connections and the near impossibility of having a huge buffered account. Also time being of out most importance, FST has been a very lively entertaining place. The challenge of getting big trackers is worth all the fight you put up to get it.

I hope all the mods/ sysops/ 'big folks' (knowing only a few) continue to spend time here and read our posts. Its their specialty and we are the end users.

It is certainly a 'new world' for me and I like it
    Should I say..but for FST (thanks to who ever created it) ..I would still be on Demonoid ( not to put that down in any way)

LONG LIVE GIVEAWAYS
    :p LONG LIVE ALL SYSOPS/ MODS :p
    LONG LIVE FST
    LONG LIVE 'WE'

(...Im not drunk )

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    isabel.pirate's Avatar soon to be inspired BT Rep: +2
    From what I have seen only a small minority of the people who beg get invites. Most threads I read are just flaming threads and for good reason. I don't think the high road is getting down on all fours. Do these trackers want people that resort to begging - no matter how inventive they are. There are a ton of people not begging being good members everywhere leaving subtle reminders in there sigs and they get nothing. Well maybe I am just bitter or maybe I have reason - it is all just in the eye of the reader.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    embolism's Avatar Anti abuse COP!! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by isabel.pirate View Post
    From what I have seen only a small minority of the people who beg get invites. Most threads I read are just flaming threads and for good reason. I don't think the high road is getting down on all fours. Do these trackers want people that resort to begging - no matter how inventive they are. There are a ton of people not begging being good members everywhere leaving subtle reminders in there sigs and they get nothing. Well maybe I am just bitter or maybe I have reason - it is all just in the eye of the reader.
    imo - being INNOVATIVE is the key
    ...the usual common way doesnt suffice..not just on FST, infact anywhere.
    ....the more innovative you are ..(either crazy or astoundingly smart) will get some heads turning your way

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast