Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a quick question

monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Why some trackers hide your snatched torrents list from you ?

Is there any agenda behind it ? i think it's plain stupid because it's a very important and useful thing for one to see the torrents he snatched, seeding time on each one and amount of leechers/seeders on this torrent atm. any idea ?

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Maybe it`s tracker policy , I don`t mind , as long as I seed the torrent 1:1 or more than 72 h I don`t care about the snatched list ...anyway in the trackers that have this list I don`t watch this

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    Maybe it`s tracker policy , I don`t mind , as long as I seed the torrent 1:1 or more than 72 h I don`t care about the snatched list ...anyway in the trackers that have this list I don`t watch this
    how can you count 72h without seeing it on the snatched list ?

and don't you care if you still have the content on your pc and there are 0 seeders and a few leechers ?

Signature & Avatar Rules

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i seeed them like 4-5 days

i can`t help there because i don`t save my downloaded stuff my HDD is small 250 gb

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I like the snatched list too. The only thing I could think is that it is hard to code and a strain to keep track of all this info, but I have a feeling trackers keep this info or have it for a while anyway, even if the user doesn't see it.

The thing that concerns me about this is if there is a bust, the alphabet men have a long list of all my snatches.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think some sites do no snatched list due to site load
    keep stats down = faster site load

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    thanks dunson and invite420 for the explanation although i believe that despite these difficulties it's a must.

Signature & Avatar Rules

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by monk3y View Post

you can always look in your client.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post

the client doesn't show total seeding time, for example if you turn off your client and turn it on after a few hours/days and start seeding again it will no show the total seeding time of the torrent ( from my experience ).

Signature & Avatar Rules

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post

the client doesn't show total seeding time, for example if you turn off your client and turn it on after a few hours/days and start seeding again it will no show the total seeding time of the torrent ( from my experience ).

Plus the tracker isn't always tracking you, like if you turn it off in between scrapes, the time it has might be a half hour difference from your client if you miss the next round.

In any case, the trackers that have seeding time requirements always advise you to follow the site records, so I'm sure that's a much better way to do it and avoid any problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast