Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!Please!Too many running Apps

Hva ejust purchased a new via laptop, have got few programs that i want, ive got 66 running apps though, over half i dont think i need, is there anywhere that could find out what they are and if i need them?Cheers!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by .Dan. View Post
    Hva ejust purchased a new via laptop, have got few programs that i want, ive got 66 running apps though, over half i dont think i need, is there anywhere that could find out what they are and if i need them?Cheers!
    That's way too many, run a hjt scan and post the log in an online hjt thingamejig(forgotten what it's called) and it'll tell you what the running processes are, or post it on here and we'll have some fun with it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by .Dan. View Post
    That's way too many, run a hjt scan and post the log in an online hjt thingamejig(forgotten what it's called) and it'll tell you what the running processes are, or post it on here and we'll have some fun with it.
    It's not spyware. It's a new lappy. Google processes & apps if necessary. But for enmass removal "PC Decrapifier" supposed to be good. Bottom line though. You have to make the choice of what to keep.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368 View Post

It's not spyware. It's a new lappy. Google processes & apps if necessary. But for enmass removal "PC Decrapifier" supposed to be good. Bottom line though. You have to make the choice of what to keep.
    Nothing in my post about spyware, just offered a quick and easy way to find out what his running processes are, and if he needs/wants them.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    click start>run>type "msconfig"(without quotes). go to the "startup" tab.

disable processes you don't need.

tip: a lot of programs are set to run on startup but aren't truly needed until you run them.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Or DIY with this handy tool, WTF

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    That's a very handy program!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    faresalandlos's Avatar laZy bUt a legEnd BT Rep: +1
    and uninstall

the programs that u don't need

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    what do you do when you try to open msconfig and it gives the following error:

"Windows cannot find 'msconfig'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

I have had this problem for a long time and could never figure out how to fix it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djsosofresh View Post
    what do you do when you try to open msconfig and it gives the following error:

"Windows cannot find 'msconfig'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

I have had this problem for a long time and could never figure out how to fix it.
    Start > Search "msconfig" WRONG

Start > RUN "msconfig" CORRECT

Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast