Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do cracked anti virus programs work?

Question Mark

hello everyone!
    it's some time now ive always been using avira and yesterday evening just came to my mind the idea of changing the anti virus software.

i did some research (FST too ) and found out that NOD32 could be what i am looking for.
    the point is this:
    how does it work? i mean... if i download a cracked version or whatever i find in the usenet... will it automatically update? will it work "forever"?
    or do i have to download "cracked updates" from the net, or other strange bs..?

id be very happy if you could help me out with this.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    All the necessary information required to run a ware comes bundled along with the crack itself, just make sure you download a genuine scene release from a respected place like warez-bb, in that scene archive you will surely find the notes and guidelines on how to install and use the ware in NFO, make sure you read it thoroughly before proceeding with the installation
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 01-05-2011 at 04:12 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by WaTTacK View Post
    how does it work? i mean... if i download a cracked version or whatever i find in the usenet... will it automatically update? will it work "forever"?
    or do i have to download "cracked updates" from the net, or other strange bs..?
    For NOD32 2.7 (which is what I use), you just have to apply the fix and reboot. Done. The fix will make the trial last over 16 millions day with absolutely no lost functionality.

For versions 3 and 4, you have to bother with finding usernames and passwords to be able to update the virus definitions. Those could last months or less than a week. That and 2.7 using less resources is why I didn't install these.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Don't go for Kaspersky, as their keys are constantly being blacklisted.
    Why not using a free home version from one of the major AVs ?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Avast , AVR and comodo are nice free choices

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    firstly, thanks everyone!

to those who suggested me the free ones: yes, i have read online about them too but nod32 seems to use a little memory and that is important to me!
    plus (always from what i've read online) the paying ones seem to spot viruses better than the free ones... i don't know if that's true but... you know...

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi
    For NOD32 2.7 (which is what I use), you just have to apply the fix and reboot. Done.
    you are telling me that even if the version is old the updates still come regularly?i mean.. the database is the same of the newer versions?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    plus (always from what i've read online) the paying ones seem to spot viruses better than the free ones...
    May want to check if the sites you've read that on have some sort of interest in you paying.

you are telling me that even if the version is old the updates still come regularly?i mean.. the database is the same of the newer versions?
    Exactly. Definition updates keep on coming once a day, sometimes even more often.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    May want to check if the sites you've read that on have some sort of interest in you paying.
    that's exactly what i was wondering. this is why i wasn't (and am not) so sure that the paid one are better but... you kno...
    you are using nod32 () and also i read good "reviews" here on FST so... i was (am) just a little bit more convinced

so thanks everyone again and.. i think ill move to nod32, then.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    you are using nod32 ()
    But I got it for free, and don't benefit in any way if you buy it.

You can get the trial here, and nsane's fix (the one you must apply after installing the program) is readily available on file hosting sites.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    thank you.
    but... i just downloaded from the usenet (look at the nzb index here on the site, the last 1 posted) a fix you have to apply before installing.. will it do?
    (i know i'm being a little of a pain in the a$$.... im sorry for that )

EDiT: it's ok, i found the fix online, applied it, and now it works like a charm thank you again!
    Last edited by WaTTacK; 01-05-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast