Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerky traffic!

BANNED BT Rep: +5
    Why dl/up speed behave in this way?

What can I do to get a fluent speed?

PS: When the download is complete, the upload speed is fluent.
    Last edited by senegal; 01-15-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Are you running other programs that use the Internet connection, also?

Is uTP enabled?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    I'm not seeing anything wrong with that, its normal for not very well seeded torrent, which also explains the fluent upload

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Are you running other programs that use the Internet connection, also?

Is uTP enabled?
    uTP is enable. UDP tracker support is enable too.
    There's no other programs running.
    Last edited by senegal; 01-15-2011 at 07:26 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Try disabling uTP and see what happens. If it's the same, turn it back on and cope with this issue. As Expeto mentioned, it could be a burdened seeder that's trying to upload more stuff that it can. In that case there's not much you can do.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Depending on the OS you use, take a look at the maximum open connections allowed to the TCP/IP stack. Additionally, could you tell us what's your router model? I had a similar problem some years ago, and it was their badly programmed firmware's fault.

What you should do is to limit the DL speed to around 75% of your available bandwidth, so the upload can be done while you download too. This is mostly true for xDSL users and some cable users (depending on the contention rate of your line). Should you be with fiber optics, then the issue has other roots.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-16-2011 at 03:23 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I use Windows XP and I don't have router.
    I've used this TCPIP.SYS patcher and I increased win connections up to 50.
    http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Set your speed limits as cabalo said, I'm pretty sure that will fix it. If it doesn't

Try downloading this torrent to be sure its not because lack of seeders. Try with another client. Try through an VPN

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Depending on the OS you use, take a look at the maximum open connections allowed to the TCP/IP stack. Additionally, could you tell us what's your router model? I had a similar problem some years ago, and it was their badly programmed firmware's fault.

What you should do is to limit the DL speed to around 75% of your available bandwidth, so the upload can be done while you download too. This is mostly true for xDSL users and some cable users (depending on the contention rate of your line). Should you be with fiber optics, then the issue has other roots.
    shit! it works!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by senegal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

shit! it works!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast