Thread: newsleecher and (well third party tools?)

ok while searching through the 40 odd pages that poped up when looking for the answer to my other post i came across one that was about what tools people usewith there usenet and someone mentioned autounpacker now since the rapair and extract function of newsleecher is not doing anything i assume that takes its place but i may be wrong. researching for it and even googling generates no hits
    what i would like is something that makes newsleecher once its finished all parts of one set of downloads (ie exampledownload.rar through to r78 and all its pars) do a par scan on it repairing it if needed extract it (preferably to a sperate folder based on its type) and delete the part files (or preferably move them to a temp folder for manual deletion) does any such method exist?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    alt.binz (free) does this automatically after downloading files:
    http://www.altbinz.com/

Autounpack scans a directory for files to check/unpack, and you might set up a mail account it can retrieve NZB files from to store them in a folder for Alt.Binz to grab (dunno if newsleecher can):
    http://www.see-and-be.com/AutoUnpack/index.php

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    tried altbinz before newsleecher it just wouldnt work for me (i still use it to search though lol then run the nzb in newsleecher

will try autounpacker though thank you

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    There's no reason why Alt.Binz shouldn't work for you. Maybe your OS installation is corrupted. Try reinstalling your OS (be sure to backup before!), then Alt.Binz should work for you.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    alt.binz didn't work for me either and I'm not going to re-install my OS just to try to get it to work; be realistic here. SABnzbd is working fine for me I don't need anything else.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    yeah re-installing the os is pretty harsh and its certainly not corupt !!

alt.binz just refused to connect to the newserver no idea why and that prompted me to try newsleecher which i love so its all good lol

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    newsgroupie
    I've discovered that Alt.Binz can be a bit flaky connecting to the news server for the first time. You might need to re-input the server info then restart it. Don't give up - it does indeed work.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    i found i couldn't download files properly through altbinz, some rars would be fine but then another would download almost all of it and then become corrupt. anyone else had this and if so how do you get round it?

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by asfdlq3i45poi View Post
    There's no reason why Alt.Binz shouldn't work for you. Maybe your OS installation is corrupted. Try reinstalling your OS (be sure to backup before!), then Alt.Binz should work for you.

I have heard a lot of things in my time, but a corrupted OS does NOT explain why Alt.Binz is not working on someones computer! LOL!

That is just plain crazy!

Mabye Alt.Binz is the one that needs work?