Thread: all my drivers in XP gone!!

n00b BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    now when i install new hardware like simple mouse XP doesn't recognize it.. i need the drivers database that come with XP. where can i find it? i tried in the XP cd and the folder i386' but nothing,,

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Last edited by y7deluxe; 10-09-2019 at 06:13 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    when its says in the install to insert the location i give him the i386 and its doesnt help. also the search of microsoft in the internet is suck. does anyone has good software for drivers?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    hey man look search for program '' Driver.Genius '' Good program 4 U
    I Don't Like The Drugs.... But The Drugs Like Me

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Usb mouse ?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i tried 3 program including what you offer and ts doesnt work. there is no way to return the old xp drivers?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    LinKuei's Avatar Dark Force
    Try to update them directly from your CD/DVD Instalation Disc or uninstall drivers and search them with device menager search.When you asked for location just browse to your CD/DVD Install Disc.
    Good Luck

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Sounds to me like you have an OEM computer that had its drivers on a separate partition of the hard drive. When you formated the drive you erased all your drivers (unless the partition is still there). If your PC is a HP or Gateway or Dell, your going to have to shell out some dough to get a driver disk from them unless you can get someone to make and upload one for your exact model, and thats about as likely as pigs flying.

Your only other choice is to identify the motherboard model that was used in your pc and go to the motherboard manufacturers site for drivers. Its a long shot but once you have the motherboard drivers other installations (usb/video) may work. Sometimes OEM manufacturers, like Dell, do not use the standard Mobo Drivers and have their own just to screw you so you have to pay them to get the drivers if you erase your drivers partition. Nice of them, huh?
    Last edited by Appzalien; 05-20-2007 at 01:43 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    Sometimes OEM manufacturers, like Dell, do not use the standard Mobo Drivers and have their own just to screw you so you have to pay them to get the drivers if you erase your drivers partition. Nice of them, huh?
    For Dell, you can get'em from their website...just enter your service code and it'll point you to device drivers.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    If it's a HP then go to their site and identify your model, they have all the drivers for their stuff.