Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sorkin/Palin

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    This morning Aaron Sorkin wrote about Sarah Palin's "hunting" trip on her reality show.
    Read the piece here.

IMO, it's about time that eloquence and outrage were joined in a takedown of this hateful bitch screeching harpy hateful harridan.
    Last edited by clocker; 12-08-2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Political correctness
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    This morning Aaron Sorkin wrote about Sarah Palin's "hunting" trip on her reality show.
    Read the piece here.

IMO, it's about time that eloquence and outrage were joined in a takedown of this hateful bitch.
    Hateful bitch? LOL, I have never seen anyone in my life who has been constantly berated month after month by the media. It is really funny. The more lip service you guys give her, the more popular she becomes. Ever heard of, "Any publicity is good publicity"?

And why would anyone care if she hunts? Like people don't hunt? Most people hunt because they actually use the animal as food. Also like in my state, it is helps keep the deer population under control.

Some idiot on Headline News was saying, "OMG it is so violent!!!" How is it anymore violent than watching a pack of lions taking down a Buffalo and then devouring it while it is alive? Geez what a bunch of fucking pussies.

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

That's what it should mean.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    惡魔的提倡者
    So is your problem that she went hunting or that she went hunting for her TV show?

The columnist may very well have a point about the reason she had the cameras there and the giddiness she apparently showed, I haven't seen the clip so I don't know, but the outrage he displays takes away any semblance of eloquence he may have intended.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Why do you hate women so much as to call them "bitches"? Surely you haven't lowered yourself to that of common street thug wannabe rappers. Bitches and hoes, right?

Could probably find the same amount of "eloquence" in a junkie hangout.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 12-08-2010 at 11:02 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    So is your problem that she went hunting or that she went hunting for her TV show?
    No, my problem is that while masquerading as a outdoors enthusiast, Palin killed a caribou for what amounts to a political ad.
    When Greta Van Susteren visited Palin for her softball campaign interview, Todd had to call around to find someone with moosemeat so Sarah could make her "famous" moose chili.
    If Palin wanted to show what real subsistence hunting is all about she could have aired the squirrel gutting scene from Winter's Bone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    惡魔的提倡者
    No, my problem is that while masquerading as a outdoors enthusiast, Palin killed a caribou for what amounts to a political ad.
    When Greta Van Susteren visited Palin for her softball campaign interview, Todd had to call around to find someone with moosemeat so Sarah could make her "famous" moose chili.
    If Palin wanted to show what real subsistence hunting is all about she could have aired the squirrel gutting scene from Winter's Bone.
    So it's her hunting for a TV show.

One would need to be extremely gullible to believe Palin is a frontierswoman, but given that absolutely everything she does is a self promoting ego trip, I'm at a loss as to why this particular thing is raising so many heckles.

If she was shooting wolves from a helicopter I would share you apparent disgust.

Is she only allowed to make moose chili if she shot the moose herself?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    If she was shooting wolves from a helicopter I would share you apparent disgust.
    What's the difference?

No.
    The implication during the segment is that the Palins- rugged outdoorfolk that they are(n't)- shot/dressed the meat themselves.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    惡魔的提倡者
    What's the difference?
    I haven't been hunting for many years, but I would go for something we would eat. Usually something not readily available in stores or available only at a high price. I'd pay the local butcher to cut up the carcass into various cuts and we would have a good supply of meat for some time to come. I see this as natural hunting for food and less cruel than what many animals go through with intensive animal farming.
    I don't see it as being the same as shooting animals just for fun. I think British fox hunting is barbaric and view shooting wolves from a helicopter when they are not going to be eaten in the same way. Just like big game hunters shooting lions so they could have a trophy on their wall.
    No.
    The implication during the segment is that the Palins- rugged outdoorfolk that they are(n't)- shot/dressed the meat themselves.
    Are you implying that they never have?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    No, I'm sure she has, once or twice.
    Certainly not for the last few years though.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Clocker who gives a shit about Sarah Palin man. If you don't like the show, don't watch it, if you have that is. I have never seen so much vitriol over 1 fucking person.

I have never watched the show, well except to check it out for a few minutes one time. I do not keep up with the latest Sarah Palin this or that. She is playing you people like a fricking piano and you guys are being pulled in hook-line-and-sink.

The thing I have a huge problem with, is all the fuss over hunting. I mean if she got the proper permits and such for that state, who says she can't hunt? And who cares if she does it for a show. That guy on Headline News last night had me rolling. Po' PETA mad at Sarah. Whatever will we do!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast