Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended korean drama and movie

Heart

What is Korean Drama?
    Korean drama is commonly-known as K-drama pertains to a TV series produced in South Korea. These series with Korean entertainment paved the way for the Philippines and hold popularity internationally. According to wikipedia.org, “Many K-dramas have been adapted throughout the world, and some have had great impact in other countries”. You can stream K-drama on a cable or local channel in dubbed versions and adaptations, or any online platforms such as Netflix, Viu, Viki, iQiyi, Youtube, etc.

When did K-dramas and movies become popular in the Philippines?
    In the Philippines, Korean drama made its way to Philippine TV in the early 2000s and was known as Koreanovelas where Filipinos looked forward to watching the dubbed versions of K-dramas aired in GMA and ABS-CBN. K-dramas such as Full house, Stairway to heaven, Lovers in Paris, My Name Kim Sam Soon, and Boys Over Flowers became popular and gained massive hits. Meanwhile, Korean movies achieved the spotlight after the success of Parasite in 2019 and gained more recognition internationally.

Top 10 recommended K-drama & K-movie of 2022
    K-drama

Twenty-five, Twenty one
    Extraordinary Atty. Woo
    Alchemy of Souls
    Big Mouth
    Business Proposal
    My Liberation Notes
    Shooting Stars
    Ghost Doctor
    Tomorrow
    The Sound of Magic
    K-Movie

Seoul Vibe
    The Witch: Part two. The Other One
    Emergency Declaration
    Special Delivery
    Alienoid
    Yaksha: Ruthless Operations
    The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure
    20th Century Girl
    The RoundUp
    Carter

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
    Meanwhile, Korean movies achieved the spotlight after the success of Parasite in 2019 and gained more recognition internationally.
    You must be from a parallel universe. In ours, Korean cinema was already renowned for defining masterpieces like Oldboy and Battle Royale.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
    Meanwhile, Korean movies achieved the spotlight after the success of Parasite in 2019 and gained more recognition internationally.
    You must be from a parallel universe. In ours, Korean cinema was already renowned for defining masterpieces like Oldboy and Battle Royale.
    You're goddamn right!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Korea makes John Wick look like a faggot. They had to make up for K-Pop somehow.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I Saw the Devil says hold my beer.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    One cannot speak of Oldboy without watching the hammer scene.

Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    That's cute.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Koreans are pussies.

Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    North Korea's next ICBM will go straight to Canada as soon as they figure out how many helium balloons are required. Hope you're happy.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Endless miles of inhospitable, unlivabale terrain. I can only imagine what Canada would be like after nuclear radiation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast