Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android Tablets.

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Any good, or something else.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Robots have no need for medication. Fact.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Robots have no need for medication. Fact.
    I never thought that through.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i've gotten my grubby hands on a couple at work, some of our developers are making apps for Android.

Think i had it in my hands a good 15minutes before getting bored with it (it was some sort of Philips model) and then started to feel like one of those students/non IT businessmen who buy iPads and use them on the train to maximize and minimize the same apps over and over again.

Tablets have a long way to go and a long way to fall in terms of price before they're "any good" which is just my opinion, which is right about everything. ever.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Think i had it in my hands a good 15minutes before getting bored with it (it was some sort of Philips model) and then started to feel like one of those students/non IT businessmen who buy iPads and use them on the train to maximize and minimize the same apps over and over again.
    mrs.parkbenchi has an ipod touch. I use it to stream stuff over the wifi, so I can watch in the garden while I smoke. A bigger screen would be nice.

The best use i've seen for an iPad, is using TeamViewer to remote connect to your home/office PC/laptop. That way you have the full computer power, and nothing to carry.

I agree that it's probably a bit early for them. There are some cheap deals on 7'' screen Android devices about. About 95 squids. They run Android OS 1.6, which is shite, by all accounts. I think they're up to 2.2 or something else.

If the ability to remote login to your proper computer, and stream video / audio appeals, then FFS. Let mrs JP buy you one. It'll only end up in the phial with the rest of the unloved equipment anyways.
    Now go away.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    i've gotten my grubby hands on a couple at work, some of our developers are making apps for Android.

Tablets have a long way to go and a long way to fall in terms of price before they're "any good" which is just my opinion, which is right about everything. ever.
    Cheers mate, always glad to get the opinion.

Not like that cunt Second Edition, never a serious answer from him.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    mrs.parkbenchi has an ipod touch. I use it to stream stuff over the wifi, so I can watch in the garden while I smoke. A bigger screen would be nice.

The best use i've seen for an iPad, is using TeamViewer to remote connect to your home/office PC/laptop. That way you have the full computer power, and nothing to carry.

I agree that it's probably a bit early for them. There are some cheap deals on 7'' screen Android devices about. About 95 squids. They run Android OS 1.6, which is shite, by all accounts. I think they're up to 2.2 or something else.

If the ability to remote login to your proper computer, and stream video / audio appeals, then FFS. Let mrs JP buy you one. It'll only end up in the phial with the rest of the unloved equipment anyways.
    I have no unloved equipment. Fact.

Actually it's more to watch internet puntsphere over the wireless, which I do on occasion. I just don't fancy paying over 400 of your English pounds to do it.

The android thing with the SD and USB and stuffs looked a better buy to me then the IPOSE.

Different from the willowy Mrs B obviously. If I was a wisp of a lassie it would be the coolest thing in the World to the macs.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Wait am I thinking of the iPad rather then the iPod.

Same applies though. The wee screen would be no use, I am 83 now.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    If the Android thingy could do the streaming of puntsphere over wireless, then i'd already have one. Obviousment.

If it can, then I'm a frayed knot.
    Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Different from the willowy Mrs B obviously. If I was a wisp of a lassie it would be the coolest thing in the World to the macs.

Genius. She'll really appreciate that. Quite a mind on her. Especially these days.
    Now go away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast