Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another one?!?!?!?!

惡魔的提倡者
    METAIRIE, La. -- Grant Storms, a conservative pastor who has staged protests against New Orleans' Southern Decadence Festival, was arrested Friday on accusations of masturbating in a public park. Update: Pastor Offers Tearful Apology Storms, 53, was charged with obscenity after two witnesses told deputies they saw him touching himself while watching children on the playground at Lafreniere Park in Metairie, according to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.
    http://www.wdsu.com/r/27027797/detail.html

Let's see how he likes sex in prison
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Prison? For what? He didn't get out of his van so there was no exposure, and he just had his hand down his pants. Inappropriate behavior for sure, but I'm not sure what the actual crime is here. Being he's a pastor, I see some simple community service and that's about it.

He'd have a lot better off if he hadn't done that press conference though.

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    惡魔的提倡者
    Storms told deputies he was just having lunch at the park when he had to go to the bathroom, so he relieved himself in a bottle.But two women said they saw Storms masturbating, and they notified sheriff's deputies. Officials said Storms later admitted to inappropriate conduct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Prison? For what? He didn't get out of his van so there was no exposure, and he just had his hand down his pants. Inappropriate behavior for sure, but I'm not sure what the actual crime is here. Being he's a pastor, I see some simple community service and that's about it.

He'd have a lot better off if he hadn't done that press conference though.
    I realize I kind of highlighted that yet another pastor/priest/social conservative crusader/Self righteous judger of others has been caught acting immorally, but W.T.F. does "being he's a Pastor" have to do with possible punishment?

Do you really think that jacking off in the front seat of a van isn't public exposure? Hugh Grant didn't get out of the car when he was with that hooker did he?
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    They also said they saw his hand down his pants. It isn't like he was sitting on the see-saw tuggin it. I don't doubt he was masturbating, but he also wasn't exposed.

I bet his case will that he was in his own vehicle and not (for the most part) in public view. The outcome I'm guessing will be some community service for lewd conduct.

The only reason I mention him being a pastor is that he likely has no criminal record, and this being a first offense type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Hugh Grant didn't get out of the car when he was with that hooker did he?
    And...? Hugh Grant didn't go to prison either.
    Last edited by Skiz; 03-02-2011 at 08:31 PM.

yo

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    惡魔的提倡者
    Being a pastor says nothing about past criminal records. There are plenty of ex con pastors.

As for Grant he should have gone to jail, but I used him as an example because you appeared to be making a defense because he hadn't gotten out of his van. Vans have windows.

Even if it was a first offense the fact that he was parked by a children's playground makes it special, doesn't it?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    They also said they saw his hand down his pants. It isn't like he was sitting on the see-saw tuggin it. I don't doubt he was masturbating, but he also wasn't exposed.

I bet his case will that he was in his own vehicle and not (for the most part) in public view. The outcome I'm guessing will be some community service for lewd conduct.

The only reason I mention him being a pastor is that he likely has no criminal record, and this being a first offense type thing.
    I agree with your legal assessment. Outside of his charges, I am certain his social punishment will include damage/ending his personal relationships, his career, future employment, etc. His life, as he has been living it, is over. No, he won't go to prison, but he is not getting off lightly, either. People just don't tolerate creepiness around kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I would regard this incident as a sort of behavioral admission that the pastor is not a conservative, but actually a heretofore-closeted liberal.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I was certain you would.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    I hope he does spend some time in prison, and hopefully he will have to register as a sex offender from now on, so parents in whatever neighborhood he lives in will have some warning about his possibility of becoming a pedophile.

I have no respect for the clergy. I can't see how any of them, after years of study of their religion, can honestly still believe in it. Religions have so many gaping holes in their stories, I could drive a truck through them. So, they are all probably living a lie, just being ministers. And that makes them more and more corrupt, leading to all sorts of things they are supposed to be against.

Here's a related story, you might find interesting...

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/atheist-min...ry?id=12004359
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I would regard this incident as a sort of behavioral admission that the pastor is not a conservative, but actually a heretofore-closeted liberal.
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I was certain you would.
    I am absolutely sincere, too.

I mean, after all, liberals even keel-haul conservatives for liberal sins (think "Fannie" and "Freddie"), but we are left to conclude a conservative's guilt is merited for no reason other than his/her party's oft-quoted scruples.

Liberals escape similar treatment by eschewing scruples altogether.

It may therefore be deduced that the pastor was (however temporarily) in the grasp of a fit of amoral liberalism - a sort of seizure, if you will.

A conservative would never do such a thing.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast