Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod cable modem firmware to Uncap it

flaVius's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Ive been reading about this and am thinking about attempting this. Wondering if anyone here has done it. Curious if the ISP would find out if i uncapped their throttle speeds?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by flaVius View Post
    Ive been reading about this and am thinking about attempting this. Wondering if anyone here has done it. Curious if the ISP would find out if i uncapped their throttle speeds?
    It can be done, but is risky, usually if you are not experienced they will catch you and then terminate your account.
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    AFAIK it can only be done with certain modems, and if you have a decent ISP they WILL notice when you try to spoof your MAC, but if your willing to risk it http://www.tcniso.net/

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    flaVius's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvia View Post
    AFAIK it can only be done with certain modems, and if you have a decent ISP they WILL notice when you try to spoof your MAC, but if your willing to risk it http://www.tcniso.net/
    I found that site after I read a bunch of the book i got on pdf hacking the cable modem. They sell premod cable modems on ebay. I dunno though seems like there is alot of people doing it on the forums there but seems like it would be easy to get caught. How do you not know what ISP means? It is 2007 isnt it?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    He's obviously a Genius

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    your isp will find out
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Your ISP may find out but why not give it a whirl. you never know it may work...and if not just use a different one. Unless that is you using your parents account then it may not be the best idea

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    if its a major ISP most likely they'll notice when you try to spoof your mac address, even if it does work they will investigate where all the bandwidth is going and kill your account

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    samoyan's Avatar Comedy Club Resident BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Just call them and ask to uncap you (of course don`t use this term with them), just tell them you are experiencing slow speed.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    Haynes Cable Modem Guide Rev1.6.2 pdf got the best hack
    or go two this site http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php and your help is there how two hack it and shit loads of hacks

p.s pm me if you need the pdf
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 07-25-2007 at 04:41 AM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast