Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Has This Been My Whole Life

Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    The drama is finally fucking over. Why deal with the communism of BT when I can fulfill my individualistic desires according to capitalistic mantra through Usenet?

No but seriously, just got the basic astraweb special. It's maxing my 20 Mbit connection on a 422 day old Bridge to Terabithia. The parts are not all there, and it looks like it'll be incomplete, but I'm hoping that rar-repairing will fix it. Otherwise I'll have to learn about block accounts.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    It always have been there... questions is where your head was

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    ive just downloaded it via
    http://www.mysterbin.com/detail?c=45697
    and it unpacked just fine without even repairing as far as i noticed (btw dont pay attention to "password protected" info in this case- it is a false positive)

if you make a search "the title+ 720p" u'll find another BDrip from septic which seems to be totally complete..
    Last edited by Hypatia; 01-15-2011 at 09:01 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Usenet Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    ...(btw dont pay attention to "password protected" info in this case- it is a false positive)
    Did you know it was a false positive before you downloaded it? If so, how?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Oddly, that same community you talk about, is the same that draws many people away from torrenting.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I didnt. But both binsearch and nzbindex dont have this post flagged as password protected. So i downloaded first rar and tried to unpack it)
    i guess back then when the post was posted mysterbin wasnt very accurate

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Did you pay anything for this?
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Yeahp, $11 bucks a month. I figured I can earn about $12 hour when I'm not using my brain or my body at all, but all the work that goes into searching for well-seeded quality material, and the anxiousness of waiting for the download to finish amount to more stress and time than an hour a month. I think I'm making about $1000.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Good call... Might try this one out soon.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Right now, I just use a combination of DDL+Usenet+trackers to get shit. They all have their strong and weak points.

-DDL will have a lot A LOT MANY MUCH crap quality shit out there, and you will never see how good something is because everyone just posts Thanks and Awesome and idiot drivel like that. Also, Organization is a complete mess and
    +DDL has constant (usually fast, dependent on service) speeds and probably the most content. Retention is really dependent on which service the uploader used (MU+MF FTW avoid RS)

-Usenet will have a lot A LOT MANY MUCH crap quality shit out there, and you will never see how good something is. Period. You have to know what you're looking for. Usenet also doesn't have things over 3 years old and unpopular (likely not to get reposted - if popular, there's a chance you can ask for it and it'll be posted)
    +Usenet BLAZING SPEEDS and no e-drama and whoring and ass-kissing or any of that. Retention is about 3 years, so if it's published in the last 3 years, there's a good chance it's on Usenet.

-Private BT involves a great deal of being the trackers bitch, whether that means being a "good community member" by donating or sucking the SysOPs cock in IRC. You decide whether keeping a good ratio is a good or bad thing, but compared to Usenet and DDL, it's bad.
    +Private BT has community, whatever you want to make of it. Possibly the best thing about BT is content found in large niche sites (BCG PTP etc.) because it's here that you find all the old stuff that wasn't retained by Usenet or deleted by DDL.

-Public BT is (or will very probably be) slow.
    +Public BT has everything.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarkial View Post

-Usenet will have a lot A LOT MANY MUCH crap quality shit out there, and you will never see how good something is. Period. You have to know what you're looking for. Usenet also doesn't have things over 3 years old and unpopular (likely not to get reposted - if popular, there's a chance you can ask for it and it'll be posted)
    +Usenet BLAZING SPEEDS and no e-drama and whoring and ass-kissing or any of that. Retention is about 3 years, so if it's published in the last 3 years, there's a good chance it's on Usenet.
    Usenet crap quality? Yea Scene and P2P stuff do get posted to Usenet. But you can also find whole Bluray disc's, 25/50GB, or DVD9's if you are that much of a purist and have the bandwidth to spare. There are HQ rips out there if you know where to look. That's the learning curve for Usenet pretty much, damn easy once you know how and where to go and you can practically find anything you want. The only thing I usually can't find, and a rarity indeed that I can't, are some movies more than 2 decades old.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast