Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it my softwares problem or my computers problem

dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Cool

i am having problem while using web broswers on my computer,when i open 1 tab or 10 tab,the memory usage is so high,some time just opening 1 tab,the memory usage goes up to 153,038,but when i use the web broswer on other computer,the memory usge isnt that hight,what happening ??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by dr jones View Post
    i am having problem while using web broswers on my computer,when i open 1 tab or 10 tab,the memory usage is so high,some time just opening 1 tab,the memory usage goes up to 153,038,but when i use the web broswer on other computer,the memory usge isnt that hight,what happening ??
    which browser are you using?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    which browser are you using?
    opera and firefox

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    It's ur OS problem, try to scan ur PC with Spyware and Antivirus.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If the PC has more memory available, the browsers will choose to use more. You can set a limit in Opera to how much it uses, but letting it have the memory can speed up the browsing. (less HDD access is needed etc..)

As an example, this machine has 4GB memory (Linux x86_64), Opera is using 133mb. Total RAM used is 750mb (19%). Its all relative, without knowing your system specs its hard to say there's an issue.
    So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.
    - Sun Tzu

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    FF is currently using ~81MB on my 4GB Vista64 system... but the damned program stays running in the background when I quit it, meaning multiple instances (each ~20-30MB) until I force them closed.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by outfromdeep View Post
    It's ur OS problem, try to scan ur PC with Spyware and Antivirus.
    please explain how it got to do with my os,and what does it got to do with spyware and antivirus

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0 View Post
    If the PC has more memory available, the browsers will choose to use more. You can set a limit in Opera to how much it uses, but letting it have the memory can speed up the browsing. (less HDD access is needed etc..)

As an example, this machine has 4GB memory (Linux x86_64), Opera is using 133mb. Total RAM used is 750mb (19%). Its all relative, without knowing your system specs its hard to say there's an issue.
    how do you set the limit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    FF is currently using ~81MB on my 4GB Vista64 system... but the damned program stays running in the background when I quit it, meaning multiple instances (each ~20-30MB) until I force them closed.
    you should try a little program called "taskiller" it shuts down software you dont need
    Last edited by dr jones; 08-06-2008 at 01:03 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    In Opera you can change the Memory cache option, in Preferences > Advanced > History > Memory Cache.

At default it should be set to automatic.
    So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.
    - Sun Tzu

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    you should try a little program called "taskiller" it shuts down software you dont need
    To be honest, FF shouldn't need killing; I'm amazed they haven't seen more feedback about the problem.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0 View Post
    In Opera you can change the Memory cache option, in Preferences > Advanced > History > Memory Cache.

At default it should be set to automatic.
    a big help,thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast