Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is there any way to upload for free?

i already have basic usenet access through my isp it's not the best but does get the job done when i need something, however i don't have any uploading rights whatsoever.

is there anything out there that will help me or for the moment am i just stuck not uploading?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    You should buy a very cheap block account at Astraweb or Blocknews. Usually uploading is unlimited on such accounts.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    You should buy a very cheap block account at Astraweb or Blocknews. Usually uploading is unlimited on such accounts.
    This. All blocknews accounts have free posting and there lowest price account is like 3 or 5 bucks.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    thanks for the replies i did find a cheap account that i might consider.
    $2.75 isn't all that much but paying to share is still not something i want to have to do unless there are absolutely no other choices.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Quote Originally Posted by jefffisher View Post
    thanks for the replies i did find a cheap account that i might consider.
    $2.75 isn't all that much but paying to share is still not something i want to have to do unless there are absolutely no other choices.
    seriously... WTF... the reason you have to buy an account is so when you post spam you get banned from that particular newshost/resellers servers forever. If posting for free were possible usenet would be a wasteland just like p2p
    Pimpn aint easy ®

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    spammers might have $3, i do not.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    You can get a $25 gift CC that works online from almost every store in the world these days. If not i guess your SOL.

You can post on some text servers for free
    Pimpn aint easy ®

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by jefffisher View Post
    spammers might have $3, i do not.
    Wtf, how do you have the internet? It's $3 one time only, that's it (unless you actually start downloading and use up all your DL credit). A homeless man could bankroll your operation.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    newsgroupie
    Every ISP that offers usenet should allow posting (but will disable it if they get a complaint). At least text posting, at a minimum. Have you talked to them, and what exactly did they say? (I'll assume you didn't reach that conclusion after trying to post to a group they don't carry) A little more explanation would be welcome.

I know that on a few usenet providers such as Newshosting, users had to specifically request posting priviliges, as this was not automatic. An ISP could possibly be set up the same way, but that would be weird.

Also, if you live in the USA, it could be risky to post copyrighted files through your ISP. For one thing, many ISPs inject your IP address in the header info field, and even if they don't, just being identified with an American ISP makes you stand out as an easy target. (and many ISPs in the US have been known to rat people out without even a court order) For comparison, a post made on Astraweb, for all anyone knows, could have been made by someone living in some far-off country like Pakistan or Turkey, putting that poster (even if identified) well out of the reach of the Hollywood copyright cops.

Regarding Blocknews, it seems that it might not allow posting on a very new account. I could read messages and download files immediately after getting a Blocknews account, but all posts (both text and binary) would fail. But then the next day, everything worked fine, and has ever since.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    school pays for the internet i am dead broke.

i do live in the USA, guess it's not a big deal i don't really need to share.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast