Thread: RSS reader for new torrents announces, special IRC client?

kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    sry i'm not tryin' to start another flame )
    what software do you use for this? i'd prefer something sitting in the tray with pop-up messages when something is being released.. ..i'm in serious doubts that something like this exists for irc but who knows ))
    maybe miranda with plugins?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    You could use utorrent.
    Now go away.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Do you know how to edit scripts?

If yes PM me and I will give you one with that pop up thing and other stuff.

As Benchez said you can just go with Utorrent, you set up RSS to 1 min in spite of 5 mins and it's fast to, not fast as a script but is decent.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by F.B.I View Post
    you set up RSS to 1 min in spite of 5 mins and it's fast to, not fast as a script but is decent.
    I was under the impression that even with the 1 minute interval inputted, it still checked @ 5 minutes, is that not true anymore?
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ok, FBI has a solution for irc, and for rss, what, utorrent really can popup something???

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F.B.I View Post
    you set up RSS to 1 min in spite of 5 mins and it's fast to, not fast as a script but is decent.
    I was under the impression that even with the 1 minute interval inputted, it still checked @ 5 minutes, is that not true anymore?
    I would say no, not true anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    ok, FBI has a solution for irc, and for rss, what, utorrent really can popup something???
    As far as I know, no. It has only to do with autodownload, and you don't want that.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WowZrBowser View Post
    if you have firefox or any rss reader you can set it to popup in incriments without auto downloading.
    tried generally recommended on one of the russian soft. forums snarfer
    this thing can't parse normally hdbits feed, it's just a plain text plus no popup options.. plus i don't need to popup the whole program, just the msg for a few sec...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    With utorrent, if you set RSS to download but not start downloading(hope that makes sense), there will be a popup which will tell you - RSS has found and dled so and so

utorrent settings - http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4...rent002sl0.jpg
    Last edited by kondrae; 09-04-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"