Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thundernews 50% Off Lifetime Special For May - All Plans

newsgroup67344
    Hello all

Been on here before but i dont even remember the email i used since then..

Anyhow, needed a new provider - found this special on thundernews hidden away and i thought id be nice and share.

http://www.thundernews.com/mayspecial.php
    coupon code is on there.

It's 50% off all the plans located here:
    http://www.thundernews.com/signup.php

Reading up on them, they seem to be a solid service and giving em a try. So far, so good.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    My 2 cents worth below.

I was curious and I signed up for a trial account and I must say, I am quite happy with their performance.

I am currently using astraweb and as much as I don't have much to complain, I did notice that astraweb's data center seems to be in San Jose CA, whereas thundernews which seems to be a highwinds reseller have their datacenter here in Northern VA

I am noticing a slight improvement in performance using thundernews vs astrweb I must say(3300-3400 kBps vs 2800 kBps). Performance may vary for other users obviously.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I *love* how this is coming from people with under 5 posts.

absolutley *Love* it.

/me winks
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by b1scu1t View Post

I am currently using astraweb and as much as I don't have much to complain, I did notice that astraweb's data center seems to be in San Jose CA, whereas thundernews which seems to be a highwinds reseller have their datacenter here in Northern VA
    Right next to FBi/CiA head quarters sweet!
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-21-2009 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    [

Um, you know that Giganews also colos their setup in Ashburn, VA as well right? And AT&T was caught with their spying equipment in a phone room in San Francisco a few years back. It doesnt really matter where you have things setup. If the feds want to watch someone there really isnt much that we end users can do to stop them from dropping their equipment into an isp's data stream.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    What relevance does my your comment about my having 5 posts pertain to your snarky comment? Some people don't post incessantly in all forums they browse.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by unoriginal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    [

Um, you know that Giganews also colos their setup in Ashburn, VA as well right? And AT&T was caught with their spying equipment in a phone room in San Francisco a few years back. It doesnt really matter where you have things setup. If the feds want to watch someone there really isnt much that we end users can do to stop them from dropping their equipment into an isp's data stream.
    Ummm, yes I do...do I use Giganews?

Quote Originally Posted by thadiyan View Post
    What relevance does my your comment about my having 5 posts pertain to your snarky comment? Some people don't post incessantly in all forums they browse.
    What the hell are talking about? You arent' either of those people above unless your using 2 nicks, and when people post about this type of stuff and it's their first post advertising a Newsgroup service, well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-21-2009 at 03:35 PM.
    [center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Mpeace
    I use ngroups..I have loved them minus a few downtimes on the ssl servers..

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    You use Newsgroups? Or do you use what this thread is talking about, as in Thundernews?
    [center]

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Mpeace
    I wouldn't use thundernews..I use a company called Ngroups.net they seem ok used them for about the last 1 yr or so. I haven't tried giganews but I have heard good things about them. I have been here since 06 using newsgroups. Wouldn't touch torrents ever again. I prefer to use news servers that are somewhat established rather than a 5 poster talking about a new one..always makes me wonder
    Last edited by Mpeace; 05-21-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast