Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Too White

  1. #1
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816

    Surprised/Amazed

    Come home from the store today was inforned by my young boys that they can't play with their east indian friends next door anymore, cus we're too white .

    Thought wtf and became very angry wanted to march right over to the neighbour's and give an earfull but made me think . Did my kids just beat them at soccer or baseball and the next store kids were lashing out ? Racism is taught at home I think, yes my love ones are blonde and blue eyed but no better than anyone else. I said to the little one who was most upset that most of my friends at work were green and colour is only skin deep , sadly damage is done.


    What the fuck can you do as a parent but teach tolerance and be yourself ?


    I'm still twisted about it ,told my boy's not to worry I'd talk to the parents but english probably not their first langue.

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    You are right, Peat Moss. All we really have control over is our own behavior.........(unless we can blame it on estrogen or something. lol)

    I would probably teach my boys to respond to this by saying "This hurts me and makes me sad. I would want to play with you even if you were green.'

    Sad that parents influence their kids this way.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    You are right, Peat Moss. All we really have control over is our own behavior.........(unless we can blame it on estrogen or something. lol)

    I would probably teach my boys to respond to this by saying "This hurts me and makes me sad. I would want to play with you even if you were green.'

    Sad that parents influence their kids this way.

    Hee Hee, caught my boys waving to their friends from the back yard , thought it will all work out .


    Edit : Sadly its the parents I'll have to work on . Hey life is a struggle they sould know bettter I think , I'm not an atheist whats a religion ? Just want my loved ones to decide for themselves .
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-10-2005 at 09:56 PM.

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,626
    Where Iím from a lot of reverse racism is prevalent. When I was younger none of the black kids in the neighborhood would play football or whatever with us. This is even more of a problem with the schools in the area. Iíve ridden a plenty of busses where there were places to sit but the black kids didnít want a white boy sitting with them. Many times others and myself had to ride stand up all the way to school.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    You are right, Peat Moss. All we really have control over is our own behavior.........(unless we can blame it on estrogen or something. lol)

    I would probably teach my boys to respond to this by saying "This hurts me and makes me sad. I would want to play with you even if you were green.'

    Sad that parents influence their kids this way.

    Hee Hee, caught my boys waving to their friends from the back yard , thought it will all work out . I am happy for them, and hope it does.


    Edit : Sadly its the parents I'll have to work on (hopefully you can do this and make friends in the process and usually unless there are parents getting over involved in a situation, the kids alone will work it out themselves). Hey life is a struggle they sould know bettter I think , I'm not an atheist whats a religion ? imo it is a belief in a power that controls human destiny Just want my loved ones to decide for themselves . so do I

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    It's not reverse racism, it's just racism.



    You have my sympathies, Peat. Maybe going to have a chat with the parents would be the best thing to do. It might not solve anything but at least your kids would know you've tried.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Where Iím from a lot of reverse racism is prevalent.
    That is perhaps one of the most bigoted things I have ever read.

    WTF is reverse racism.

    Please forgive me for pointing out that you are a fucking idiot.

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Where Iím from a lot of reverse racism is prevalent.
    That is perhaps one of the most bigoted things I have ever read.

    WTF is reverse racism.

    Please forgive me for pointing out that you are a fucking idiot.
    reverse racism is usally when a minoritiy is racist to a majority of people, just like reverse discrimination in affirmative action.
    Last edited by Formula1; 08-10-2005 at 11:15 PM.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the suburbs. honestment
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Where Iím from a lot of reverse racism is prevalent. When I was younger none of the black kids in the neighborhood would play football or whatever with us. This is even more of a problem with the schools in the area. Iíve ridden a plenty of busses where there were places to sit but the black kids didnít want a white boy sitting with them. Many times others and myself had to ride stand up all the way to school.
    n00b

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the suburbs. honestment
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    That is perhaps one of the most bigoted things I have ever read.

    WTF is reverse racism.

    Please forgive me for pointing out that you are a fucking idiot.
    reverse racism is usally when a minoritiy is racist to a majority of people, just like reverse discrimination in affirmative action.
    there's no such thing as reverse racism. racism is racism, no matter who discriminates against who it should never be classified as anything different. if we use terms like "reverse racism" it insinuates that one or the other is a lesser offence.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •