Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Famous Statue Topple

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Originally posted by myfiles3000@12 April 2003 - 12:43
    see http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/a...article2842.htm
    I'm sorry...I fail to see your point.

Are you saying we only picked out people who were against Saddam, to be there?

Or are you saying we only allowed 150 people into the square?

I see quite a crowd to the upper left in that picture.

What are they doing?

How long had the statue been down when this picture was taken.

Pulling that statue down could have been quite dangerous if we had just allowed anyone into the square.

Can you please elaborate.

Maybe if we could speak to the photographer who took this picture. He could surely shed some light on what we are seeing there.

Thanks though.

Its a good long distance shot of the scene.

Peace

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    i also don't see your point.

if they HAD allowed all iraqis in, it would be chaos and a suicide bomber's paridise.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    It warms the cockles of my heart to see this anti-U.S. spin questioned.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    It occured to me that I said "upper left" when I meant upper right.

BTW...What are cockles?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Do you think that its *possible* that people from the pentagon, state department, DoD, various armed forces, etc, were actively involved in the preparation of the event? Do you doubt that in a world of live-via-satellite and internet reporting, and where public opinion both domestically and abroad has such enormous consequences, that the occupying force wouldn't consider putting on a little show -- which just happened to be across the street from a hotel that housed hundreds of foreign journalists -- in order to lend some credibility to OEF?

I get the feeling that you perhaps haven't studied history or political science, or state use of mass media during armed conflict.

If i may, I offer the following bit of wisdom: there's a fine line between patriotic and naive.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by myfiles3000@12 April 2003 - 17:18
    Do you think that its *possible* that people from the pentagon, state department, DoD, various armed forces, etc, were actively involved in the preparation of the event? Do you doubt that in a world of live-via-satellite and internet reporting, and where public opinion both domestically and abroad has such enormous consequences, that the occupying force wouldn't consider putting on a little show -- which just happened to be across the street from a hotel that housed hundreds of foreign journalists -- in order to lend some credibility to OEF?

I get the feeling that you perhaps haven't studied history or political science, or state use of mass media during armed conflict.

If i may, I offer the following bit of wisdom: there's a fine line between patriotic and naive.
    Ok...I get it.

You're saying that the US did what any other country would do.

Ok...I'm still confused...

If you know that its something that any country would do, then you must also know that most everyone knows that its something any country would do in that situation.

If you don't know that, then I'm afraid YOU are the one who is being naive.

But thats all speculation on your part anyway.

None of those picture have any connection to a specific moment in time, and only one of them have a connection to a specific place.

I could put any number of captions to them that would be just as valid based on the limited information the pictures alone give.

Agreed though, it is possible that your supposition is correct.

It is also possible that the picture showing the crowd around the statue was taken after a great number of the citizens left.

And the lower right picture of Chalabi could have been taken in Paris for all I know.

Peace

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Manipulated or not. It happened on live TV.

I fail to see much in manipulation. The statue has been there, the people are from there. The camera man is just there. The army helped the people do what they wanted.

The news media clearly says that this statue event is a psycological tactic that will have an impact on the people's view that Sadam's regime is over. So yes, this is manipulation in that respect.

I think they should have manipulated it more, for the safety of the people. There were clearly dozens of "OSHA violations" at that scene, if it were a regular construction jobsite in the USA.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Originally posted by Spindulik@13 April 2003 - 00:09

I think they should have manipulated it more, for the safety of the people. There were clearly dozens of "OHSA violations" at that scene, if it were a regular construction jobsite in the USA.
    You spelled 'OSHA' wrong.

You're right otherwise of course.

Not that it'll matter to myfiles3000. He knows the truth of what happened.

He just wants to confuse the issue with everyone else.

I think he has Alqaeda ties...Yeah...Thats the ticket.

Him and a few other Alqaeda sympathizers on here.

Trying to manipulate what we see on TV to mean something entirely different.

Hmmm...I probably shouldn't do that. He has just as much right to missrepresent the information as the next guy. What IS the law on that?

Peace

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz+13 April 2003 - 12:55--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ne1GotZardoz @ 13 April 2003 - 12:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Spindulik@13 April 2003 - 00:09

I think they should have manipulated it more, for the safety of the people. There were clearly dozens of "OHSA violations" at that scene, if it were a regular construction jobsite in the USA.
    You spelled &#39;OSHA&#39; wrong.

You&#39;re right otherwise of course.

Not that it&#39;ll matter to myfiles3000. He knows the truth of what happened.

He just wants to confuse the issue with everyone else.

I think he has Alqaeda ties...Yeah...Thats the ticket.

Him and a few other Alqaeda sympathizers on here.

Trying to manipulate what we see on TV to mean something entirely different.

Hmmm...I probably shouldn&#39;t do that. He has just as much right to missrepresent the information as the next guy. What IS the law on that?

Peace [/b][/quote]
    Erm.....Al-Queada were the US allies in this event, so i doubt it.

Or at least I assume so, as all their training grounds are in the area controlled by, and the people that hid them from Saddam Hussain were, the Kurdish Militia.

The Kurdish Militia that were fighting with the USA in Northern Iraq....

Like I said before elsewhere:

Anyone remember that great US sitcom "SOAP"?

I agree though, you have to question the report that started the whole thread. Just as you have to question anything you read anywhere these days.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast